Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Metal Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another Metal Card

Yes folks for $395 you too can have the all new Chase United Club card and all of its metallic benefits. I see people asking about metal cards on here from time to time. 

The current list is: Cent, Palladium, Sapphire Pref, Ritz Carlton United Club.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Another Metal Card

Is this the one that replaced the old Continental Presidential card?

Message 2 of 32
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Though I dont have any cards that are made of, I do like metal cards \m/
Message 3 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it replaces the old one.

Everyone online claims the metal ones are so much heavier. I dont notice it. Maybe a tad heavier but not 'heavy' by any means.

Message 4 of 32
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

Is there something special about metal cards, beyond the fact that they look cool?  Will it do my laundry?  I would pay a $395 annual fee if it did my laundry...

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lolabelle wrote:

Is there something special about metal cards, beyond the fact that they look cool?  Will it do my laundry?  I would pay a $395 annual fee if it did my laundry...

They will probally dye your clothes depending on the color of the card. Metal ink is good at coming off.

Message 6 of 32
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Any idea what metal/alloy it is ? What is the melt value of the card ?
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizzadude wrote:
Any idea what metal/alloy it is ? What is the melt value of the card ?

Depends on what card. Shappire, Ritz, and United are aluminum. Cent is Ti. Palladium is, like the other Chase cards, not fully palladium. Its 2 palladium shells on the outside and some metal (guessing aluminum based on the other cards Al use) in the middle.

Check the Visa holo around the card. http://www.fatwallet.com/static/attachments/115963_img_2752.jpg

Message 8 of 32
score_building
Senior Contributor

aluminum? now that is something...not much though really, like a highly sought after metal Smiley Tongue

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

aluminum? now that is something...not much though really, like a highly sought after metal Smiley Tongue

No no. I need to be more clear. This isnt just any aluminum, its special. It can buy you things that exist only in your wildest imagination. "But ill go into debt." Nonsense! Were in the 21st century people! Rub he card like a genie bottle and the magical al resets your current balance to $0.

Smiley Very Happy

I would pay any af for a card like that.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.