Regular Contributor
Asailorshort

Anyone else have problems with target balance reporting?

So I've only had my target card a couple of months and I've only used it a couple times.  The problem is every time I pay the balance, the NEXT business day is when that balance reports to the CRAs.  I used it on 7/6 and paid the balance off on 7/19.  However, the balance showed up on my 7/20 usaa CMS even though the statement billing cycle didn't end until 8/5.  And now the same thing happened today when I paid the balance off this weekend. (billing cycle ends 10/2)  The card only has a $200 limit so I'm using a significant portion of  the card each time I use it.  I like using it for 5% off and free shipping.  However, I don't like that every time I use it, the amount is reported to the CRAs regardless of when in the billing cycle I pay it off.  Is there a way to get them to STOP reporting out of cycle?

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+