cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for Credit Card w/ High Util Rates??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App for Credit Card w/ High Util Rates??

Hi everyone :

I'm feeling like hitting some online app buttons tonight or tomorrow (Sat.)  I have 1 or 2 inquiries and a 680~699 on my Ficos...

But right now my Util Rates are high (3k on a 8k card) and 2k on a 2.5k Chase Freedom.  3k is at 15.5% (yikes!) and Chase freedom is at 9%

I want to roll the 3k and 2k on a 0% Balance Transfer Card (I will PIF these in less than 1 year), I can pay them quicker but prefer not too, but I can Smiley Happy.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?   No baddies, all paid on time. Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
asanch12
Contributor

Re: App for Credit Card w/ High Util Rates??

Nationwide instantly approved me with around 45% util.

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Navy, PSECU CU, Nationwide -perhaps, but to app Citi with high UTI may yield relatively poor terms if approved.

In any case, to either PIF or BT the high rate balances is a good plan.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 7
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

Similar situation here. I received a mailing for a 0% APR and Tansfers offer until 1/1/12 with CITI Diamond rewards, same as you I have two CC totaling ~$3,500 balance with higher APRs, so I went and APP'd online; got an instant approval wit $8.7k CL and will tackle that balance within the year.

I have 737 and 742 scores and UTI of about 20%, with this CC now I have $26.4k combined CLs, so my UTI is going down to to about 12% instantly.

Go to the Credit cards section on the main myfico.com site, there's a pretty cool tool where you can chose what you want and they populate all the cards options for you by FICO score)

http://www.myfico.com/Credit-Cards/

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I wanted to report my results and

#1 I apped for Nationwide and got approved for $2000 (w/ my util at 60%). Too bad because that means that the bal transfer I wanted will not be too much.

But thats ok Smiley Very Happy

Tried to double up and

#2 Apped for the Chase Ink for my business and wasn't so lucky.. Smiley Sad Got the 10 days wait in the mail message... 

Didn't try a #3. I guess 2 shots in in one day is more than enough...  All my scores are in the low 700s but I guess my util is high. What else should I do?

Message 5 of 7
larinoriani
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I wanted to report my results and

#1 I apped for Nationwide and got approved for $2000 (w/ my util at 60%). Too bad because that means that the bal transfer I wanted will not be too much.

But thats ok Smiley Very Happy

Tried to double up and

#2 Apped for the Chase Ink for my business and wasn't so lucky.. Smiley Sad Got the 10 days wait in the mail message... 

Didn't try a #3. I guess 2 shots in in one day is more than enough...  All my scores are in the low 700s but I guess my util is high. What else should I do?

Congrats on the approval. Don't get so disappointed on the Chase just yet, since as far as i know Chase don't have instant approvals.

The only thing you can do to improve dramatically your approval/terms ratings, is just paydown the balances to less than 20% UTI, ideally 7-10%, you probably going to be around 750ish just doing that.

Starting Score: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2010: EQ 737--TU 742
Nov/2011: TU 753
Goal Score: EQ 800--TU 800

Message 6 of 7
score_building
Senior Contributor

Yeah the NW 2k approval was a v. lucky one IMO,

with few exceptions (some previously noted) issuers will balk at 60%.

Realistically no more app can be recommended until UTI is brought down.

Treat the NW well so you may become eligible for a CLI (they apparently don't take customer requests for CLI but award them periodically)

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.