Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass Clearpoints Daily Spending Limit

tag
MACFRME
Frequent Contributor

BBVA Compass Clearpoints Daily Spending Limit

FYI for anyone with the BBVA Compass Clearpoints card. There is a $5,000 maximum daily spending limit on the card, no matter what your credit line is. I tried to use the card for a medical procedure costing $5,430 yesterday and it was declined. I called in thinking it was a security issue, because I had $13,000 in available credit. The representative said no one who has this card can charge more than $5,000 in one day, and that there is no way around it. I used my Chase Sapphire instead and it went through with no problem. It might be helpful for posters hoping to use this card's 0% intro APR for a major purchase.
Cards I Carry
$7.5K $23K $5k $300(SEC) $500 $300 $1,500 $800 $800
Total Available Credit: $39.7k | FICOS: EX 659 | EQ 661 | TU 673
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: BBVA Compass Clearpoints Daily Spending Limit

Thx for the info. They are actually on my list for next yr.
Message 2 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Wow, that's interesting ~ thanks for the info !   I wonder if their other cards have the same limitation....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
bahbahd
Established Contributor

BBVA Clearpoints rewards program through breakawayloyalty.com/rewards is a joke. Hopefully you have a card with a different rewards program, even though I think all BBVA programs are all managed by breakwayloyalty.

Since I have had my Clearpoints card for 1.5 years, I have never earned any 2x or 3x category bonus awards. Any should-be qualifying transactions showed up as 1 point per $1 spend. Many transactions do not appear to earn points at all. It's nearly impossible to match up transactions between your card and rewards statements. My rewards bonus category selections never actually "stick" where they visibly look selected even though I see the note "You're Signed Up." These and other issues have persisted after one or two website redesign/relaunches also.

Over the past year, I've send at least two dozen emails back & forth to the rewards programs customer service, the highest up being Steve.  "It's being fixed. Your points will show up. You will be awarded. Our IT guys are looking into your account." are just some of the many excuses I have heard each time. 

I've even involved BBVA Customer Service as I wanted BBVA to know their rewards program was basically a error riddled.... #$!*#@$!...

All and all I estimate that I was never awarded somewhere between 15,000 and 25,000 points, (about $150 - $200 lost.) I've given up, cached out my rewards points for a statement credit and moved my daily spend over to other cards.

Congrats on the card. Don't hope for an awesome rewards program though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.