Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA BBR {{{CLOSED}}}

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

BOA BBR {{{CLOSED}}}

I was on the fence about closing my BBR last week.

Jan. 7th I got my $25 reward and decided I really didn't want the account anymore as I'm remodeling my profile and this card 

just doesn't fit. So I PIF the balance I had and waited til today to get $0 balance showing. I called backdoor to get my $5k limit moved 

over to my Travel rewards, phone call only took 3 minutes to do with no issues. 

Im happy with my discussion. And more closings to come in 2016 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA BBR {{{CLOSED}}}

Good job!! Sometimes it is good to trim down..

Message 2 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Need to do that myself. PS, need to update sig. Smiley Wink
Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got that final $25 before closing.

Message 4 of 12
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Yes I will get Siggy updated 

yes I'm glad I waited and got the $25 reward before closing.... Thnx y'all 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear it, scoreorbescored. It sounded as if it was not serving your needs anyway and that you really wanted to close it. Smiley Happy

Streamlining, trimming down, and continually evaluating our profiles is always a good thing. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad to hear it, scoreorbescored. It sounded as if it was not serving your needs anyway and that you really wanted to close it. Smiley Happy

Streamlining, trimming down, and continually evaluating our profiles is always a good thing. Smiley Happy

Thank you, I got a lot of accounts during my building process that's going on 24 months and will be closing.

then I have lot of accounts that I got once my reports got better and took my new profile for a test drive but over did it.

i now know what I want in a card and just wanna trim back on unwanted cards.

only cards in my future are 1. CSP 2. Chase Hyatt. But I will have to wait til April 2017 for those due to the 5/24 rule

but I can wait. No rush 

Message 7 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, I got a lot of accounts during my building process that's going on 24 months and will be closing.

then I have lot of accounts that I got once my reports got better and took my new profile for a test drive but over did it.

only cards in my future are 1. CSP 2. Chase Hyatt. But I will have to wait til April 2017 for those due to the 5/24 rule

but I can wait. No rush 

Hyatt isn't subject to 5/24. At least, it wasn't 3 months ago. Maybe you mean you want to get CSP first, though, and can wait for Hyatt.

When did you get the BBR account? It sounds like you didn't have it for long.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but I can wait. No rush 

You are doing very well! You will love Chase Hyatt when it comes time to get yours eventually Smiley Happy

By the way, the 5/24 rule does not apply to the cobranded cards (i.e., Chase Hyatt), did you know that?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.