Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT question

tag
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

BT question

Other than the fact that your utilization on a BT would change. Do any of the two banks report anything to the CRAs of a "Balance Transfer" being performed on the account? Like maybe on comments section or something?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BT question

No.
Message 2 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Ok and also, will the other bank see that it's a BT or will it just seem like a regular payment made to that account?
Message 3 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Other than the fact that your utilization on a BT would change. Do any of the two banks report anything to the CRAs of a "Balance Transfer" being performed on the account? Like maybe on comments section or something?

No, nothing will show on your report other than the changed balances between accounts.

Message 4 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
Ok and also, will the other bank see that it's a BT or will it just seem like a regular payment made to that account?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Message 5 of 9
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

It'll look like a PIF, in regards to the balance being zeroed out, but any UW worth their weight will obviously see one go (for example) from 7k to 0k, and suddenly another card goes from 0k to the same rough amount. Especially if the card reports your brackets (balance/payment/minimum due) every month.

Message 6 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

I did  a BT last month from Barclays NFL to Cap One QS, my payment details:

PAYMENTS, CREDITS & ADJUSTMENTS FOR ACCOUNT #xxxx

1 24 APR CAPITAL ONE ONLINE PYMTAuthDate 22-APR ($50.00)
2 30 APR ELECTRONIC PAYMENT ($1,151.24)

The $50 payment was the min payment made online, in case the BT didn't credit in time. The 2nd large payment credited as "electronic payment" was the BT, they could probably dig through the details and find it originated from Barclays, but with thousands if not millions of payments each month I highly doubt they would bother.

Message 7 of 9
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

Thank you Dave. That clarifies it for me
Message 8 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

@Jaylima91 wrote:

I did  a BT last month from Barclays NFL to Cap One QS, my payment details:

PAYMENTS, CREDITS & ADJUSTMENTS FOR ACCOUNT #xxxx

1 24 APR CAPITAL ONE ONLINE PYMTAuthDate 22-APR ($50.00)
2 30 APR ELECTRONIC PAYMENT ($1,151.24)

The $50 payment was the min payment made online, in case the BT didn't credit in time. The 2nd large payment credited as "electronic payment" was the BT, they could probably dig through the details and find it originated from Barclays, but with thousands if not millions of payments each month I highly doubt they would bother.

Well, this is on the CC bank where the BT is leaving. That will report to the CRA as 1,251.24, if it reports a payment at all. The balance end of one month drops by that amount (presuming no other charges) to what the ending balance is after the BT.

This is a BT I made off of my BofA AMEX to US Bank in August, to take advantage of a 0% US Bank offer: Amount Paid shows as the $12k, and would add the payment if I had made one.

BofA BT Off.JPG

This is a BT off of Capital One that I made in May 2014, moving a balance from CapOne to my BofA MC account for another 0% BT. Note that CapOne shows no payment at all, even comparing to the monthly payments I was making on the carried balance for several months prior.

CapOne BT Off.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.