cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Of America closed accounts & reduced credit lines - What to do?

tag
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: Bank Of America closed accounts & reduced credit lines - What to do?

Therajman,

Please reread the posting on your thread--especially the cooling off and CU posts.

Specifically, although perhaps just a fluke of timing, notifying BofA for an interest decrease in these financial times might have given them an opportunity to do this, whereas you might have been able to stay under the radar otherwise.

I would suggest these ideas:

• Take a cooling off period and use the time to read this forum's posts and get acclimated to the wealth of knowlege/experience that is here
  • Pay down your cards asap, using your best judgment (and info from this forum) on how to do it in the most effective way
  • If there are better options for your banking/investments, then move your money if you still feel strongly about this--but remember that when big banks are involved, it's usually very impersonal--don't get sucked into personal/emotional decision-making--it usually does not end up constructive
  • When your scores improve, consider a rewards cc from a cu such as PenFed or another quality institution--many are listed in this forum
  • No matter the preceding events, you must be in control of your credit behavior from this moment on--respect the challenge and work to make the most effective and appropriate decisions that you can

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:
Gratz on the CLI but ftr CCARD does not preempt CLDs or acct closures.

All the more reason to call today and ask for a CLI. The reps/credit analysts don't know that yet. All the memos that are going around right now is that the CCARD went into effect today and to be mindful, blah, blah, blah. We currently have the upper hand, until BOA legal (which you didn't highlight....lol) lets the BOA family know that they can CLD...right now reps are afraid. That's what I was playing on.

(I did have my fingers crossed though).

Message 22 of 24
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Here is an article I just found.  The contact you should reach is listed at the bottom.  You may want to let him know that if he really means what he said in the article, he should have your accounts reevaluated.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Mixed-blessing-credit-card-apf-2338521177.html?x=0

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 24
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What is going on is the "grab for greed" by the credtors before the effective date of the new CC Reform Act of 2010.

They are taking care of profits and risk before the restirtions of the Act become effective.

They are now effective.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.