Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Reconsideration?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America Reconsideration?

Congrats. Hope everything works out with the guarantor. I just got this card with a $700 limit.

Question from me though, for anyone. Is a credit card guarantor the same thing as a cosigner?
Message 11 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Congrats. Hope everything works out with the guarantor. I just got this card with a $700 limit.

Question from me though, for anyone. Is a credit card guarantor the same thing as a cosigner?

AFAIK I believe so. Both are on the hook for any negatives and payments.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 18
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

The difference is with a guarantor u get your own account which the ( guarantor) can't have access to be he/she is liable if u go in debt or default on your CC, the co-singer has access to your credit card account I believe.

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 13 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

After some quick research i have discovered the difference xD

Cosigner is jointly liable, but banks only go after a guarantor after all means of debt collection with the account holder have been exhaust.
Message 14 of 18
tatterz
New Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@padredelosninos wrote:

Every time I've called I've had great success, just be prepared for a potential HP. t will depend on your scores, your income and what you can talk through with the agent. I've done it multiple times tho.

+1...i agree, they are great to recon with but dont be surprised if they pull another report. They seem to pull EX and TU for the most part. Good luck and keep us updated!

Wait, huh. They don't do another HP do they? I applied for BBR and got denied and recon was unsuccessful, saying I opened too many new accounts recently (3 accounts). I'm gonna try to recon again..if I don't get the card, no biggie I just gotta garden.

TU: 730 (Lender Pull) ; EQ: 738 (MyFico)
Barclay's Sallie Mae 5% Mastercard $1k(4/2013)- My main beach
Chase Freedom $3k (3/2013) - My side beach
Amex BCE $6k (3/2013) - When I feel like a boss
Crapital One Platinum $750 (2/2010) - When I feel like a n00b
Message 15 of 18

Just got a call back from their credit analyst department. Approved with a $1000 limit, and between the time I applied and the time I recieved my decision, they started to give an extra 10,000 points on $500 spent within the first 90 days. If I'm not mistaken, that's about the equivalent of $100, which is a nice added bonus. 

My Wallet:
Discover IT Student/1000 CL
Bank of America Travel Rewards for Students/1000 CL
PayPal Credit/1000 CL
Chase Freedom/1900 CL
AmEx Blue Cash/2000 CL
I'm a credit amateur, and frankly I have zero need for credit. I'm just preparing for the day where I will need credit.
700+ all bureaus

Message 16 of 18
CS800
Super Contributor

BOA is generally good with recons. I got the 10 day message when I applied and called them, they approved me

Fingers crossed for you Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.