Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America® World MasterCard® with WorldPoints® Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America® World MasterCard® with WorldPoints® Rewards

This one is for my dad..  Is this card any good? 15 months 0% so thats hard to pass it up..  I think this card product is fairly new based on what I have read and checking out BOA site as well.

Question # 1 does it report CL to CRA ?

Question # 2 it is hard to get for this kind of product? his FICO score are 745/760/734

Question # 3 which CRA BOA are most likely gonna pull?

Question # 4 does this verison of BOA product grows CL pretty good?

I think thats about it.   the highest CL he ever had was 22K that was thru FirstUSA a few years ago but closed out $0 balance on it tho. I have to admit thats one sexy card style dark black with silverish BOA trademark on the card Smiley Happy

Message Edited by SnowWalker on 11-12-2008 07:19 AM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America® World MasterCard® with WorldPoints® Rewards

@Anonymous wrote:

This one is for my dad..  Is this card any good? 15 months 0% so thats hard to pass it up..  I think this card product is fairly new based on what I have read and checking out BOA site as well.

Question # 1 does it report CL to CRA ?

Question # 2 it is hard to get for this kind of product? his FICO score are 745/760/734

Question # 3 which CRA BOA are most likely gonna pull?

Question # 4 does this verison of BOA product grows CL pretty good?

I think thats about it.   the highest CL he ever had was 22K that was thru FirstUSA a few years ago but closed out $0 balance on it tho. I have to admit thats one sexy card style dark black with silverish BOA trademark on the card Smiley Happy

Message Edited by SnowWalker on 11-12-2008 07:19 AM

1. The website states that this is a no pre-set spending limit card, so the chances of it reporting a CL are unlikely, unless BOA is different from everyone else in that regard. 

2. Not sure what exactly constitutes hard, but the FICO scores seem good enough. A collection reporting (paid or unpaid) seems to be a poison for a BOA approval. 

3. Most likely EX, however TU also if borderline or perhaps on a recon. 

4. BOA is in pretty good shape compared to a lot of other lenders, and normally will give higher CLs as well as regular CLIs. My Platinum Plus Visa card (long since product changed) start out with $5500, and now has a $20,000 CL in a matter of 9 months or so. 

Here we go again...
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fretless, Thanks for reply..  good infomation.  no He has no charge off at all. in 06 he had some late payment with Discover ( long story but boy do they report late very quickly to CRA ) but to make it short.. he closed it out and paid it all off eventually ( little over $16,000 balance ) so its $0 balance on it.. I hope BOA will not consider that for denial.

EDIT: Oh do u think BOA will let him to add me as a AU? or adding me to BOA account as a user could hurt more since BK ( I don't think he will, but I could try and ask for it )

Message Edited by SnowWalker on 11-12-2008 07:50 AM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA will let you add AU's from the online account. Click on the 'services' tab and he can enter information and a card will be mailed to him for any AU's he may wish to add. They won't mail to a different address, only the primary account holder.

I don't know if BoA checks the AU's credit. I have not seen any softs on my DH's reports from them and he has a paid CO with BoA and it has not affected my account.

Message 4 of 8
plasticguy
Established Contributor

BOFA World MC reports limit to all 3 not just High Balance.
Experian is mostly use
Hard Pulls are for opening
Soft Pulls are for Increases

Cardholder since 2004
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this sounds like 100% denial?  I cut and paste it when he applied earlier this afternoon. when I did mine couple of months ago for a regular BOA Visa verison and  it was quick denial out of gate, etc which is not surpising to me. thats why I may go for BOA Secured Card within couple of months.. here what it says after he submitted.

Thank You!

Thank you for submitting a credit card application.

Your business is appreciated and careful consideration is being given to your request, but an instant decision cannot be provided at this time.

You will receive a written response within the next 30 days.

You will now be leaving this Web site. The site that you are being forwarded to may have privacy and security policies that differ from our site. The owner of that Web site is solely responsible for the products, services and content on its Web site.

Your submission of this application indicates your agreement with each of the conditions and disclosures for this credit card account. By closing this window you will be leaving this Web Site. The site that you go to may have privacy and security policies that differ from this site. The owner of that Web site is solely responsible for the products, services, and content on its Web site.
Message Edited by SnowWalker on 11-12-2008 02:43 PM
Message 6 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Looks like they are doing a manual review. I would say you have 50/50 chances.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope so , He also filled out 2 BT infomation totalling almost 14K so 15 months at 0% sounds good and should be all paid off by then.  theres other BOA product name I forget what its called but you get 10% cash back once a year from the interest but it was only 6 months @ 0%  both verisons are good.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.