Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America late payment 9 days late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America late payment 9 days late

I have a Bank of America credit card for over a year and had been a customer with them for a debit card for 5+ years

I was going thru my cards and double checking if I've made payments for each. There was one card that's been over due for a payment for 9 days. It was due on 6/4 and today is 6/13. 9 days late. I paid for it asap.

Will a delinquent show up on my report or no? How much would it effect my credit score? I didn't get hit with a late fee yet. I've never missed a payment and always paid my statements in full
10 REPLIES 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Bank of America late payment 9 days late

No it won't report late to the credit bureaus unless it's 30 days late. It may only affect you internally with BOA, ie clis or apr reductions. Have you implemented some sort of system to insure this doesn't happen again? I personally use Mint as a way to keep up with my due dates.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank goodness that's a relief. Just to clarify this means my reports should be okay? My records are 100% clean atm. I've turned on automatic payments before but after a couple statements I turned it off because it would over pay for me and having a negative balance, which won't hurt now that I think of it vs having a delinquent.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.  It will not report to the bureaus until it is 30 days late so you don't have to worry about that.  I am surprised that they didn't charge you a late fee.  

Message 4 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

That is correct. Your reports will be ok. If you feel uncomfortable setting up autopay, either use an app like Mint or go old fashion and write down all your due dates on a calendar each month. Find some way to make sure you never miss another payment. Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 11
padme
Established Contributor

late is late, better to call and get them to waive late fee, if you dont bad things might happen.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
 Have you implemented some sort of system to insure this doesn't happen again? I personally use Mint as a way to keep up with my due dates.

How do you do this in Mint?  I've used mint.com for many years, but it tells me bills that I've already paid are due in x number of days.  Somehow it seems to be able to find out anything about my accounts except that the bill has been paid.  I'd really like to figure out how to make it work better for me.

Message 7 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
 Have you implemented some sort of system to insure this doesn't happen again? I personally use Mint as a way to keep up with my due dates.

How do you do this in Mint?  I've used mint.com for many years, but it tells me bills that I've already paid are due in x number of days.  Somehow it seems to be able to find out anything about my accounts except that the bill has been paid.  I'd really like to figure out how to make it work better for me.

I'm sorry. It's actually Mint Bills that works best. And it does exactly what you want it to do. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Thankfully, it won't report. But it is still a late in their book, so you want to make sure you avoid any AA or something strange happening because of it, with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank goodness that's a relief. Just to clarify this means my reports should be okay? My records are 100% clean atm. I've turned on automatic payments before but after a couple statements I turned it off because it would over pay for me and having a negative balance, which won't hurt now that I think of it vs having a delinquent.

I'm glad you caught it and that your credit reports will remain clean. I think you need to call BoA about the late payment and request that they credit the late fee back to you. Unless your card is like the IT or Simplicity. With the IT you're allowed to pay late once with no fee. The Simplicity doesn't have a late fee. 

Best of luck!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.