cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Reporting same day as approving?

tag
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

Barclays Reporting same day as approving?

I app'd for Barclay's exactly one week ago and they're already reporting on my EX report.  I haven't even received my card yet.  When I initially app'd they gave me $1279CL.  I called on Monday morning and they upped it to $2500 reflecting immediately.  The odd thing is they are reporting the 1279 as the CL.  Did they report the same day I app'd?  I wish Cap 1 would do that.

Regardless, I saw 30+ jump in my EX Plus score because of it Smiley Happy

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Reporting same day as approving?

I believe in my case, the day after I received and activated my Barclays Apple CC, I refreshed my reports and there it was, Barclays wastes no time listing their TL on your reports.

Message 2 of 5
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

I only see it on my EX report but I haven't received my card in the mail.  I'll check the other 2 again a few days after my card is activated.

I'm guessing Cap 1 isn't as quick with their reporting.  Anyone remember how long it took for them?

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember how long Cap1 took to report, but I can tell you AmEx is the slowest to report, at least in my experiences.

BoA, Discover and Barclays all reported very soon after I applied, recieved and activated the cards.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, I also was approved for 1300, and then got a cli to 2100. since they reported to the cb''s so quickly my original credit limit is what is showing, should be updated soon though. and my barclays card reported before i even received the card. they're fast. if it matters it was for the apple card. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.