Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best UR choice without CSP/Ink?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best UR choice without CSP/Ink?

In the past, I've redeemed my UR points for statement credit, Amazon points (I think) or gift cards. Now I know that the best use of them is via a CSP or Ink. There's a possibility we may app (DH) for a CSP, but we haven't decided yet. 

IF we don't go for or don't get approved for, the CSP, what is the best option for UR redemption? Are the ones I listed the best one can do? 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best UR choice without CSP/Ink?

@Anonymous wrote:

In the past, I've redeemed my UR points for statement credit, Amazon points (I think) or gift cards. Now I know that the best use of them is via a CSP or Ink. There's a possibility we may app (DH) for a CSP, but we haven't decided yet. 

IF we don't go for or don't get approved for, the CSP, what is the best option for UR redemption? Are the ones I listed the best one can do? 

Im not quite sure what you're asking.  The only cards you can redeem UR points with are the CSP or Ink Plus

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Im not quite sure what you're asking.  The only cards you can redeem UR points with are the CSP or Ink Plus

Freedom earns UR points. My understanding is that you just can't transfer them to other programs which is the best use of them. Like I said, I've usually taken statement credits. Years ago I saved them up, got a bunch of HD giftcards and bought an expensive-at-the-time kitchen faucet. And I think I've used them through Amazon, but I could be wrong about that one. 

I'm wanting to make sure there's not something that's better than that, but not as good as the preferred method of transferring to a CSP and then to a travel program. 

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Freedom earns UR points. My understanding is that you just can't transfer them to other programs which is the best use of them. Like I said, I've usually taken statement credits. Years ago I saved them up, got a bunch of HD giftcards and bought an expensive-at-the-time kitchen faucet. And I think I've used them through Amazon, but I could be wrong about that one. 

I'm wanting to make sure there's not something that's better than that, but not as good as the preferred method of transferring to a CSP and then to a travel program. 

I should have been clearer. The Freedom does earn UR points but without a CSP or Ink Plus you can't transfer them to travel partners.  As for your question not sure if there are better options as I only use them for travel

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Yeah, hence the question. 

Example: I know that between TYP and UR one used to be more valuable than the other because you could redeem less points for the same giftcard. (I don't remember which was the good one.) 

I figured if anyone knew if there was a better or worse way in this situation, someone here would. 

(Though I'm just reading the post on million mile secrets that was linked in another thread and it's another nod in the direction that AU cards DON'T count, so there's still the CSP possibility for DH. Decisions/decisions.)

Message 5 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Without a CSP or Ink you basically need to consider Freedoms UR points as cash.
Message 6 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think OP is really asking if there are any special discounts, as with some gifts cards with Discover (and from time to time TYP).   It looks like all Chase gift cards at 1UR to 1c, making it the same as cash, or shopping on amazon etc.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I guess I could have asked:

Are all the redemption options equal that are open to Freedom only holders? All 1%?

Message 8 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I think OP is really asking if there are any special discounts, as with some gifts cards with Discover (and from time to time TYP).   It looks like all Chase gift cards at 1UR to 1c, making it the same as cash, or shopping on amazon etc.

Right, I don't think Chase does the discounted GCs.

OP - yes, all Freedom redemption choices will come out to 1c per point.

Message 9 of 23
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I guess I could have asked:

Are all the redemption options equal that are open to Freedom only holders? All 1%?

Yes, however don't forget a lot of those Freedom UR points probably came through the 5% category, correct? And using them for a permanent fixture like a faucet is probably just as good in the long run compared to frittering the points away on some travel costs. While the points can transfer through the CSP or Ink, those cards come with an AF at least in the second year, so there's additional cost for the "benefit" of being able to transfer the points.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.