Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best restaurant rewards?

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Best restaurant rewards?

Seems like 2 pts or 2% seems to be the best, anyone know of anything better? 

I spend about $2500 a month eating out so the more rewards the better Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Best restaurant rewards?

@slap_happy wrote:

Seems like 2 pts or 2% seems to be the best, anyone know of anything better? 

I spend about $2500 a month eating out so the more rewards the better Smiley Happy 

Waiting for a revolving category on Freedom/Discover/Dividend, or getting the Sallie Mae card for up to 5x on $250 a month, paired with US Bank Cash+ and choosing 5x on restaurants and fast food, with a cap of 5x on $2000 between the two. So you would only have $250 unaccounted for certain quarters if one of the 5x revolvers doesn't offer restaurants, and could instead use a 2x on it, such as CS/CSP

Message 2 of 48
Luscher
Valued Contributor

CSP 2x on dining
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 3 of 48
ACcash
Established Member

how about the citi forward, 5% on dining (fast food included)

Message 4 of 48
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

At $2,500 a month in restaurant spending you must be eating nice! Mind asking how you get to that significant dollar value?

Citi Forward has 5% on restaurants, as does US Bank Cash+, and as mentioned, Sallie Mae MasterCard for the first $250 in spending. Your best option might be one of the uncapped 2% cards though...

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 5 of 48
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@ACcash wrote:

how about the citi forward, 5% on dining (fast food included)

+1, if the OP is a student. Then a Foward/Sallie Mae/Cash+ combo would be ideal for his spending on restaurants each month.

Message 6 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Us cash is 2k a quarter. I have same problem as op. I was using us bank cash+ for restaurants.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 7 of 48
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Us cash is 2k a quarter. I have same problem as op. I was using us bank cash+ for restaurants.

+1. There aren't many uncapped options for dining, assuming you're looking for CB.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Just looked at us bank. Looks like i did over 2k in cash back and not including those $25 cards. I'm really going to miss this card.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 9 of 48
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@snacktrader lol, I make a decent living though it wasn't always that way, me and the wife eat out about 5 times a week (dinner) it's usually about $100 bucks a night (I spoil her lol) will and with 4 kids that need to be fed it comes out to about $2500 a month

I do have the Amex BSP which is uncapped at 2%

Message 10 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.