Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Prequalifier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Prequalifier

Just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the BofA prequalifier option on their website?  I was checking out their student loan products and saw the option and took a shot.  It offered me a Financial Rewards Visa, some Amex product and a MC, it even noted a 6000 CL.  Is this just a scam to get you to take a hit and deny you anyway.  I once got a preapproval from Juny and when I called and apped, they denied me and I was so mad about the hit I called and they reconned for 2500 @ 7.99.  I actually have little luck with online approvals.  I have gotten 5 CC since September and got a total of 10 hards combined on all 3 (5/2/3).  I was hoping to begin credit gardening, but 2 of my 5 CC have high APR's and 1 of them (GEMB MC) has only a 500 CL.  I was just thinking if I was going to get something to replace it (just sock draw the GEMB) everything will age together and will only hurt me in the short term.  I am also in the process of adding a student loan and I have no store credit cards now since I am hoping to get back in with Macy's by the end of this year or next.

Thanks for the much needed advice everyone.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: BofA Prequalifier

DW was approved with an Amex-branded BofA via their prequalification CC section. They gave her a CL half of what was advertised, but they did take the time to go over her CR and offered suggestions on getting a higher CL in the future.

I was offered a CC through their "special offers" pop up but decided against the card.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.