Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA reporting to CRA

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

BofA reporting to CRA

I've tried doing some research on the boards but cant find anything.

I just paid a large sum of what i owe on my Bank of America card.  The statement cuts the 20th of this month. Does anyone know when will it hit the credit reports and most specifically TU.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: BofA reporting to CRA

Well, since the 20th is a Friday, I'd give it until the 25th or so...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

Well, since the 20th is a Friday, I'd give it until the 25th or so...

thanks tcb, is that TU or all the CRAs?

Message 3 of 8
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Generally, IME, TU is the slowest...so all three should be updated by then...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I think you can still cheat the system and get them to update early. I might try this again soon, but you used to be able to (and might still can) pay your balance and make sure it posts in their system. Once it posts go in an edit your address. You don't need to change anything, but click submit. BofA will update your CR starting the next day with your new demographic info even if you didn't change anything and it'll update your balance as well. If your statement cuts in a couple of days, then you really aren't saving too much time (few days tops), but something to consider going forward.

Message 5 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

I think you can still cheat the system and get them to update early. I might try this again soon, but you used to be able to (and might still can) pay your balance and make sure it posts in their system. Once it posts go in an edit your address. You don't need to change anything, but click submit. BofA will update your CR starting the next day with your new demographic info even if you didn't change anything and it'll update your balance as well. If your statement cuts in a couple of days, then you really aren't saving too much time (few days tops), but something to consider going forward.

oh wow thanks llecs, never knew that. I love MYfico, you learn so much lol

Is this with every company or just bofa?

Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK, just BofA. I tried it with Barclays, DSNB TLs, HSBC, Wachovia (then), PNC, Target, Discover, and a couple of others with no success.

Message 7 of 8
oracles
Valued Contributor

@llecs wrote:

AFAIK, just BofA. I tried it with Barclays, DSNB TLs, HSBC, Wachovia (then), PNC, Target, Discover, and a couple of others with no success.

Thanks so much llecs, hopefully it will post by tomorrow and i will do the address edit.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.