CHASE RECON HELP HELP

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: CHASE RECON HELP HELP

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

My guess is they figured you had sufficent credit or possibly even over extended and they never really got any use, thus you weren't profitable and they obviously could see your other 50k CL's with other banks...  Probably just a business decision.  Not a very tasteful one on how they did it, but that is just my guess.

I second this.. But what I Don't get why is it soo difficult to tell the cardholder the truth about account closure.  I know it is about money but it is just not right.

Even if it is about money, it is not right.

The customer deserves to know why an adverse action is being taken, and not in some vague manner. This is basic business courtesy.

OP, are you able to redeem your rewards (if you had any pending)? If not, I guess small claims is the way.

Sure, but if the closure was related to suspected criminal activity or fraud, by Federal law, the Bank cannot disclose the reason.  If it isn't, they may, but often decide not to.

Message 21 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE RECON HELP HELP

@Sooners2013 wrote:

I have a very long credit history and have never had a late payment on ANY account.  Most of my accounts are allat least 4-7 years old.  My chase card was opened in 2010 and I had never been late, over the limit, or any issues.  I have years ago had a balance that was paid over a 2-3 month period, but in the last 2+ years I have always paid in full.   My credit scores and utlization have not had any significant change.  Most of my limits on cards are $20-50,000.  I pay all of those in full each month and run as much as $30-40,000 on my primary card, which is not the Chase card, each month.  My total avaialable credit lines are over $300,000, but never have any balances reporting as I pay them in full before they bill each month so that my statement balances are at 0.  I havent had any questionable charges, no seeking bonuses or anyting unusual. 

When I called the customer service all they would say is that the bank had decided to terminate the relationship.  I then called credit recon department and they only would repeat the same.  No one could or would provide me with any firm information.  So, that is all I can tell you about their decision. 

I have two cards with BofA with total limits of over $100,000.  I have three citibank cards including the AA and AA Executive with total lines of $125,000.  My others are Elan $25,000, PenFed 40,000, NFCU $40,000, and several others.  My Chase was one of my lowest with $15,000 so it wasnt my choice of cards. 

The the EO and demand answers.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.