DollyLlama

CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

Does anyone ever call underwriters/analysts to start a CLI request? I’m not talking about calling for recon after a frontline CSR couldn’t give you what you wanted.

Curious about FIA and U.S. Bank in particular.

Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Re: CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

From what I have read you can call the number on the back of your card for US Bank. In order to get one it has to be 6 months. YMMV

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

Re: CLI requests: backdoor or frontline?

With FIA I've rang and analyst and done it on the website and it really doesn't make a difference. Ringing an analyst just saves time and you can get a decision right away. The people you speak with at the US Bank number are not the people who make decisions. Multiple times they've said something like, "I'll send this to the underwriters." or "The analysts take a few days to make a decision.". So even though they answer as "Credit Card Underwriting", they aren't the underwriters.

Chase analysts cannot start a request and will tell you that you have to start the request with customer service first before they can look at it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}