cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can this be right? CSP with that score?

tag
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Can this be right? CSP with that score?

This could be right because we have three different scores. What if this person only knows one score and what if its an old score. Chase could of pulled a totally different report. Take whogavemecredit with a grain of salt like FAKOs Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 11 of 33
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

3. If the person on whogave really got a cl of 22k on recon, I'm interested to hear if others have done so. It was my impression that when a visa signature gets denied, then approved on recon through chase, they tend to give the minimum (5k) as a credit limit. If others have different experiences, please add. I don't mean people that were approved by computer, but reconned for a higher limit. I mean people who were declined, then approved on recon. Certainly, people with low scores can get high limits, but I don't often see that happening on recon.

I can understand that logic but it's all based on random things, like for instance what if there was a paid medical collections on their report recently? There's always loopholes in everything. If they had something that simple it would explain the score drop and the approval credit limit. Hollywood Video had a class action because of $5 late charges reported to people's credits which drove their scores over 100 points. In cases like these it should be a no brainer if everything else is good. Assuming they had nice and healthy credit scores to support it everywhere else.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 33
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I can't confirm the score you mentioned in your OP, but I will say that I just got approved for CSP with a 690+/-. It wasn't instant, but I called right away and they had a quick look and approved me with a pretty good limit to boot.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 13 of 33
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

to OP

It might also be that the figures entered were the ones on the letter from Chase. It took me 3 months to get approved for the Chase Freedom card and Chase did 2 hard pulls November/January  and when my Fico EQ scrore was 793 and  Fico EX was 809 (AX pull). Chase finally took their decision and approved my Feedom card with 4K but mentioned a score of 691 (as Application score not Fico score) for the same date as my Fico EQ was 793! That is quite a big difference and it looks to me Chase uses their own scoring system and will indicate these numbers on application approvals.  CSP will certainly be a card I would love to get myself but knowing that my score is sooooo low with Chase I will have to reach over 800 again before applying. I do not want two hard pulls again for any card application.  Right know on "free fall" due my recent  app spree. But all cards report now and to my logic it should go up again or stay the same at least....we will see. CSP I will try in 2014 and now proof to Chase first that I can handle perfectly my Freedom card Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 33
BullsEye10
New Contributor

Hi Randeman:

I think you are talking about me, actually, and yes, it was 100% honest.

After I was approved I posted it to "WhoGaveMeCredit.com" and also on this site. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Applied-for-Chase-Sapphire-Preferred-Approved-for-Sapph...

I was approved last June with a $22,500.00 limit and a 668 Equifax score.

It is also important to note (as I think this is why I got the card and limit) that my utilization rate was 0% (had just paid off everything) and my income is just over $150,000.00 / year.  That same day I was also approved for the AMEX Platinum charge card.

Best of luck in obtaining the card, it is worth it.

~BullsEye10

AMEX Platinum - NPSL (Approved for $75,000.00)
AMEX Gold Business - NPSL
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22,500.00)
Bank of America Cash Rewards ($5,000.00) - Sock Drawer
Discover ($4,500.00) - Sock Drawer
Capital One Venture ($7,500) - Sock Drawer
Message 15 of 33
BullsEye10
New Contributor

Of further note:

1. The score was a FICO score purchased from this site; and
  2. I did not have a pre-existing relationship with Chase at all except for an auto loan, and I did not get the $22,500.00 CL via a recon, it was the initial offer.

~BullsEye10

Message 16 of 33
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@BullsEye10 wrote:

Of further note:

1. The score was a FICO score purchased from this site; and
  2. I did not have a pre-existing relationship with Chase at all except for an auto loan, and I did not get the $22,500.00 CL via a recon, it was the initial offer.

~BullsEye10

Thanks so much for sharing this info.  May I ask if you checked the Chase website for offers first and the CSP appeared?

Liliane 

Message 17 of 33
BullsEye10
New Contributor

I had not checked for an offer online, but that said, I had never received any promotional offers in the mail from Chase or any other credit card company.

~BullsEye10

Message 18 of 33
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@BullsEye10 wrote:

Hi Randeman:

I think you are talking about me, actually, and yes, it was 100% honest.

After I was approved I posted it to "WhoGaveMeCredit.com" and also on this site. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Applied-for-Chase-Sapphire-Preferred-Approved-for-Sapph...

I was approved last June with a $22,500.00 limit and a 668 Equifax score.

It is also important to note (as I think this is why I got the card and limit) that my utilization rate was 0% (had just paid off everything) and my income is just over $150,000.00 / year.  That same day I was also approved for the AMEX Platinum charge card.

Best of luck in obtaining the card, it is worth it.

~BullsEye10

The only problem with what you're reports is Chase pulls Experian not Equifax, so it's not safe to say that you got approved with a 668 Fico as you're experian could have been quite a bit different (mine is about 60pts different)

I'm not going to say you are being dishonest but you are leaving people to believe you got this card with a 668 when you're score EXP could have been way higher

btw congrats on the credit line, my dad got an instant approval on this card for 80k a couple of weeks ago so this card can definitly grow quite a bit!  

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 19 of 33
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

The only problem with what you're reports is Chase pulls Experian not Equifax, so it's not safe to say that you got approved with a 668 Fico as you're experian could have been quite a bit different (mine is about 60pts different)

I'm not going to say you are being dishonest but you are leaving people to believe you got this card with a 668 when you're score EXP could have been way higher

btw congrats on the credit line, my dad got an instant approval on this card for 80k a couple of weeks ago so this card can definitly grow quite a bit!  

At least not for me. Chase pulled twice EX and EQ ... so this might vary depending on who they pull. My figures came from MyFico and from AX pull but were extremely off the Chase internal rating figure on the approval letter.  My goal was to get only prime cards and never start with a secure card or store card  but head straight to the cards I wanted without any detour. It worked but was not such an easy mission to accomplish. From now on it should be easier I would think. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.