Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 WMC - SUCCESS!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 WMC - SUCCESS!

So last week I tried through chat to get the annual fee removed from my QS1 and had it upgraded/PC'd to a QS.  I also asked if I could get it issued as a WMC, nope he said.  I asked if my other platinum could get upgraded to a WMC, nope he said again. Oh well, I still vowed to try and get one at some point.

Lo and behold - I logged in today and my QS upgrade has been issued as a WMC!  It's already changed online, now just waiting for the card to get to me.  Pretty happy right now!  The last hurdle with Cap1 is to be able to combine my accounts........

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Cap1 WMC - SUCCESS!

Congrats!! I'll never understand the way Cap One tells people no and grants the request anyway, oh well, you got it that's all that matters, good luck with your next conquest.
Message 2 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Congrats! When you did this, was your limit 5k or more?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My limit was over $5k, it's at $8,500.

I'm thinking about upgrading my other platinum mc just to see if that would be issued as a wmc. That limit is at $7k. Just want to test the Cap1 waters to see if we can ever figure them out :-)
Message 4 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

The trick that I have been keeping a watch on is have the limit at atleast 5k and it will come as wmc
Message 5 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Nicely done!  May I ask, are there special benefits to having a WMC?  Just trying to figure out why CapOne is hesitant on issuing them?  I see lots of folks trying for that specific card with CapOne and I see very few people succeed with getting it. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has the same type of benefits as a Visa Siggy. I wanted to have a WMC for those added benefits, especially when traveling.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.