Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 exec office exceeding my expectations

tag
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 exec office exceeding my expectations

I've been with capital one for a little under 3 years now. I have two accounts with them and one with orchard which I just closed. My oldest card is the platinum MasterCard which started at $300 and increased to $500 where it has stayed for 2 years. My newest card is the cash rewards platinum MasterCard which started at $300, then went to $1300 in 6 months time but has been stuck there.
So, I emailed the CEO and told him that I did not feel capital one would grow with me over time and that I planned on canceling all of my accounts. I received a phone call hours later from a lady in the executive office asking me what I would like them to do for me. I told her to increase my limit on the cash rewards to $2500 and take off my annual fees. She said give her a few days and she would see what she can do. Two days later I notice my oldest card jumped from $500 to $1250. Great! About 3 more days go by and I notice my cash rewards card jumped from $1300 to $1750. Great!!! This was enough incentive for me to keep the cards opened for at least another year. I got a call today and the lady explained to me that she was able to increase both limits and waive all membership fees.
Capital one has exceeded my expectations! Surprisingly! I wanted to share with everyone because I really feel they are trying to help us. As in the past they really did not care! It seems like they want to become a better company now and they deserve this good review!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Cap1 exec office exceeding my expectations

Message 2 of 3
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Re: Cap1 exec office exceeding my expectations

Yes they are doing a good job over at cap one EO lately. I just noticed that they waived my anual fee on my secured card and I didnt even ask I just see a credit for 29$ which is my fee this month cause it just turned a year old.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.