Re: CapOne Venture - 40,000 Point Offer

Yeah, but I already have the Arrival

Message 3 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@sillykitty1 wrote:

Yeah, but I already have the Arrival

Ah, LOL. Well it's basically 400 bucks of free travel for 3 HPs. Not bad.

Message 4 of 10
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

You can get 3 $200 offers that pull from each bureau instead. 3 new credit lines and maybe even identical limits as the the Cap one per card. 

Message 5 of 10
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Omnipotent wrote:

You can get 3 $200 offers that pull from each bureau instead. 3 new credit lines and maybe even identical limits as the the Cap one per card. 

This is true, but that's also three different hits to AAoA, three new accounts open, etc. OP might not want that done to their report.

Message 6 of 10
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Agree, I care more about the AAOA hit than the HP's.  

So I pulled the trigger, approved, $10,000 CL

Anyone have any luck combining CL's?  I have 2 - $10,000 C1 cards, and I'd rather just have 1 at $20,000.  I called the App analyst recon number, but was told it's not possible.  I'll email EO now.

Message 7 of 10
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

Capital One doesn't combine CLs from my experience.  Let us know if you hear any different.

Message 8 of 10
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I also tried to combine limits with the Capital One EO and was told they cannot do it, no matter how much I pushed. I only tried as I read on here someone who claimed to have successfully combined limits onto one card. It make no sense at all, I now have 2 completely identical cards. Can't close the lower limit one as it's my oldest account, but need the space on my higher limit one.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 9 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I went for the 50k offer that was around for like 10 days in January.  But agree with others, 40k is not worth 3 hard pulls.  Even 50k for 3 pulls was a hard one to justify.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.