Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital 1

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Capital 1

So I closed my cap1 secured today and I closed my kohls card today. I was told by executive office that card is counted as a cap1 credit card so I axed it, never use it anyway. So this woman tells me I have been denied because I have 4 accounts with them. Very confusing when I thought it was only for actual visa/ mastercard accounts not store cards.. Does anyone have any advice on this? I had tried for the qs1 and now I'm waiting for EO to look back into my application to see if now I can be approved..

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Re: Capital 1

Bumpy bump?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Booboo71 wrote:

Bumpy bump?

QS1 wasn't worth closing those two, honestly.

Message 3 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Booboo71 wrote:

So I closed my cap1 secured today and I closed my kohls card today. I was told by executive office that card is counted as a cap1 credit card so I axed it, never use it anyway. So this woman tells me I have been denied because I have 4 accounts with them. Very confusing when I thought it was only for actual visa/ mastercard accounts not store cards.. Does anyone have any advice on this? I had tried for the qs1 and now I'm waiting for EO to look back into my application to see if now I can be approved..

AFAIK, the cobranded cards didn't count toward your total, but I figured that would have included private label cards, too.   Anyway, since you took the HPs and closed the other cards, anyway, it's worth the effort to recon.   Just hang tight for the EO's answer...and good luck!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

If you read the terms on the cards page before hitting submit, it states that information. also on kohls neiman marcus saks fifth avenues applications print it explains those rules.
Message 5 of 6
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Well the secured card needed to be closed it served its purpose and the kohls i pnly used 4 times and i got that one in store dec 2013. I havent used it since June. My understanding was co branded cards did not count toward over all amount of cap1 cards. EO told me they do.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.