Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Card Consolidation

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Combining Limits By End of Year

@baller4life wrote:
LOL. The new set of problems for some will be which card to leave open.

I lucked out there. Both have the Same APR, opened the same month, just different limits. Both are the exact same cards (both PC's). It's been 6 months since my last CLI so I'm hoping to recieve increases on both cards just in time to combining them!

Personal:

Business:

Message 21 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

BT,

2 cards? Ya better jump on a Venture and V1 quickly, minutes apart if you REALLY want to cash in

Message 22 of 2,133
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BT,

2 cards? Ya better jump on a Venture and V1 quickly, minutes apart if you REALLY want to cash in

That is a really good point. I don't really travel that much so the cards would be useless to me. I don't plan on apping for anything until 17 since I still have some bad student loans on there and 1 charge off. Hopefully in the recent news BOA will remove that though.

Personal:

Business:

Message 23 of 2,133
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Ok so I read last night on another site that combining limits is now available through CSR. So, I called to inquire. NOT YET. This is apparently a big thing currently at Capital One and according to person I spoke to, they are making big preparations for it. They had hoped it would be available by now. But are shooting for the next month or two. But definitely by end of year. You will see it online once it goes live and can do all your combining right there under your account. Pretty freaking awesome. So everybody hold on to all your Cap One cards for now. Smiley Happy

Thanks baller - this is good info and great news!  I have three QS/QS1 cards that I would love to combine CL's on...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 24 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

I've been seeing quite a few people talk of closing some of their Cap One cards. But combining limits beats just closing any day! Smiley Happy
Message 25 of 2,133
NYFan63
Established Contributor

I have yet to app for the Venture card and am now wondering if I should go ahead an app for it knowing this is on the horizon...hmmm?

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 26 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@msbia wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Ok so I read last night on another site that combining limits is now available through CSR. So, I called to inquire. NOT YET. This is apparently a big thing currently at Capital One and according to person I spoke to, they are making big preparations for it. They had hoped it would be available by now. But are shooting for the next month or two. But definitely by end of year. You will see it online once it goes live and can do all your combining right there under your account. Pretty freaking awesome. So everybody hold on to all your Cap One cards for now. Smiley Happy

Umm..hmmm..thanks for the confirmation. That's why I advised CC not to close the other two cards last week, hope he didn't! Looking forward to my $31k CL! Smiley Wink

LOL haen't yet... If it comes soon enough I will role the limits into my QS VS and then close them...  Question is does it require HP's or any restrictrions?

Message 27 of 2,133
baller4life
Super Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

I have yet to app for the Venture card and am now wondering if I should go ahead an app for it knowing this is on the horizon...hmmm?

We still don't yet if there will be any account age restrictions yet though. You might would have to hold it awhile before transferring. That part we don't know yet.

Message 28 of 2,133
Anonymous
Not applicable

That will be amazing!  Thanks Baller!  Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

Message 29 of 2,133
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I am thinking they won't allow sup-prime to go into prime either as they love their AF's that is alot of their cash flow..  So there will deffinetly be rules in place, what the rules are we can only speculate, but there indeed will be some....I have 0 AF on any of my 4 Cap1 cards, but two are still considered sup-prime I believe...  

edit: lied my Venture has a 59$ AF after first year...  That will be pc'ed to QS if this doesn't materialize.

Message 30 of 2,133
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.