Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards with Pre-selection tools

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cards with Pre-selection tools

Which companies besides AMEX are know to have a pre-selection tool on the webpage where you can see if you would pre-qualify before you apply?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
egold1234
Contributor

Re: Cards with Pre-selection tools

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=129800
Message 2 of 14
iBooger
Established Member

I hate how no one answers this. That link is outdated and a lot of those pre-qualifiers don't work anymore. We need some new ones.

Message 3 of 14
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

HSBC / Orchard

Capital One

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA has one

Message 5 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

Discover

Message 6 of 14
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Discover

I'm on their site now....I don't see a pre-selector Smiley Indifferent

ETA:  Just chatted w/online assistant.

Jodi: Hi there! How can I assist you in applying today?
Mo: I had actually been told that your site has a section for "pre selection". I'd like to know what I might be approved for before actually taking the hit on my report.
Jodi: I'm not sure where you got that information but it is inaccurate.  I'm sorry to say that we do not offer a pre-approval process.  You will need to apply in order for us to determine what options we may have for you
Mo: What credit report do you pull?
Jodi: We actually use all three credit bureaus but the reports are pulled randomly so there isn't any way for me to be able to tell you which credit bureau will be used.  However I can tell you that I do see TransUnion a lot
Mo: I've seen where it sometimes has to do with the State you reside in as well
Jodi: That is true--it can depend on the state
Mo: I refuse to app with anyone who uses Experian. If I can't have my FICO from them, I won't use them
Mo: Others see it, but me, the consumer cannot. Rubbish

That was pretty much the end.  But they have no pre app w/soft pull on their site. 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

HSBC / Orchard

Capital One

I'll add a caveat on the HSBC site.  I already had one HSBC card (an Orchard), and went to the HSBC preapproval site.  I was preapproved for an HSBC card, hit the button, they did a hard pull.   I was declined because I had obtained my Orchard card too recently (I think it was six months old, and they wanted 18 months age on the first card.)  There is no notification on the site that they have this policy - and it seems to vary depending on the card you receive first, and the card you're app'ing for.  They wouldn't remove or recode the hard pull.  ;(.  I told them I would never app with them for another product, and I haven't.  (Of course, that was just a year ago......)  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
john398
Senior Contributor

http://www.discovercard.com/credit-cards/cardbuilder/

Maybe thats not the ssame as preselector

Message 9 of 14
bicknar
Regular Contributor

With regards to the AMEX preselection, does anyone have a link?  I just received an invitation for an AMEX green, and don't want to leap without looking first.  I guess rebuilding is working, This is the first AMEX I've seen in like 20 years.

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.