Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI using Recon

tag
jrdenver
Established Member

Chase CLI using Recon

I just wanted to post and say that the recon #s do really work.  I have been closing all accounts NEWER than my AAoA (trying to increase it).  I PIF my car & motorcycle.  My util is <10%, and PIF monthly.  Scores ~720ish, but with a BK in 2004.  

My chase CL was $5500, and it had been 6 months 1 day since my last CLI ($500, from $5k even).  I called, customer service said no and that I would get a letter in the mail (ugh).  I was ticked, and remembered the recon # stickied in this forum.  Called there, gave them all my info, he gave me more than twice the increase I had asked customer service for (had asked for $7500, they took me to $10k). 

When he asked WHY I wanted $10k, I told him the truth, we push $2-4k through this card monthly, and I have to make several payments (e.g. weekly) to ensure my utilization stays low.  I would like to continue to use this card for all of my purchases, but still keep my utilization in check.  I also told him I had closed several other cards and had decided to make this my primary card. We also keep about 3-4x this limit in emergency savings, and really only use this card (vs debit) for cash back.

I guess it worked =).  I don't know if HH income is/was a factor (ours is about 2.5x the median income here).

TransUnion 696 4/15/2010
Equifax 683 4/15/2010

TransUnion 675 8/30/2010
Equifax 688 8/30/2010

Still trying to get my scores up =\ Opening new trades in the last 12 months didn't help. =(
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CLI using Recon

Congrats on your hard work - on your PIFing (very savvy!) and on your good scores post BK.  You're doing great! 
jrdenver wrote:   I have been closing all accounts NEWER than my AAoA (trying to increase it). 

I just want to comment on the above statement.  Closing accounts does not remove them from the AAofA calculations.  That means when you close an account, your AAofA will remain the same as if the account were open - for as long as the account continues to show on your credit reports.

AAofA is calculated based on all the accounts showing on your credit report (well, except collections).

Be sure to check out Closing Credit Cards for additional info.

Again - congrats on your excellent work - and on your Chase recon'd CLI!

Message 2 of 7
jrdenver
Established Member

Gotcha, beamMEup.  My mortgage guy told me to close them to increase my AAoA, and I just assumed he was right.  Good info, and I need to go re-read the guides here =)

Thanks, JR

TransUnion 696 4/15/2010
Equifax 683 4/15/2010

TransUnion 675 8/30/2010
Equifax 688 8/30/2010

Still trying to get my scores up =\ Opening new trades in the last 12 months didn't help. =(
Message 3 of 7
dchrist475
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your hard work - on your PIFing (very savvy!) and on your good scores post BK.  You're doing great! 
jrdenver wrote:   I have been closing all accounts NEWER than my AAoA (trying to increase it). 

I just want to comment on the above statement.  Closing accounts does not remove them from the AAofA calculations.  That means when you close an account, your AAofA will remain the same as if the account were open - for as long as the account continues to show on your credit reports.

AAofA is calculated based on all the accounts showing on your credit report (well, except collections).

Be sure to check out Closing Credit Cards for additional info.

Again - congrats on your excellent work - and on your Chase recon'd CLI!

I had no idea that this was true. I have been holding onto some First Premier credit cards since they are my oldest. But the fees are killing me. If closing them wont affect my AAoA, I am getting on the phone with them right now and closing both accounts.

I know that closing them wont affect my utilization, because all of my cards are currently paid off to a zero balance.

This comment just made my day! Thanks!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: EQ 661
Goal Score: 720

Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@jrdenver wrote:

Gotcha, beamMEup.  My mortgage guy told me to close them to increase my AAoA, and I just assumed he was right.  Good info, and I need to go re-read the guides here =)

Thanks, JR

Smiley Indifferent

I swear. You'd think that people in the mortgage profession would know this by now. That's just sad.

Tell him that all accounts (not collections, not judgments) that are on the report are counted in, open or closed.

Bless their little hearts...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

the zero balances won't help and might hurt

your scores.  Run a small balance in 1 or 2 cards

each month and pif.Smiley Tongue  Not 1st

Premier.

Message 6 of 7
My2cents
Regular Contributor

What is Chase recon # again.  I need to call them tonight!!

Ole my2cents.

700 Club Member
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.