Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi Prestige APR OFFER for 6 months.

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Citi Prestige APR OFFER for 6 months.

Also I was informed by the customer service representative that all new cards will be shipped  starting August 10. 

IMG_1573.PNG

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Citi Prestige APR OFFER for 6 months.

DW gets 5.99% offers on her Double Cash all the time, but that's the first time I recall seeing a targeted promo APR on a high-end Citi.  Have you had it sock drawered, or using it less than before?

Message 2 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

I currently have this 9.99% promo on my Prestige as well. They offered it to me about 3 months ago when I had threatened to cancel the card. It's a retention offer - at least in my case... can't wait to get hold of the new card!

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pip3man wrote:

I currently have this 9.99% promo on my Prestige as well. They offered it to me about 3 months ago when I had threatened to cancel the card. It's a retention offer - at least in my case... can't wait to get hold of the new card!

How is 10 percent interest on new purchases for 6 months a promotion when there are a million cards that will give you 0 percent for a year or longer?

Message 4 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

How is 10 percent interest on new purchases for 6 months a promotion when there are a million cards that will give you 0 percent for a year or longer?

It is one of those head-scratchers as far as who would actually use it...how many people have a $450 card, carry balances, and yet can't get a better APR than 9.99%?

I got 10k TYs/6 mos/$3k spend retention last time. 9.99% for me would be a retention non-offer.

@K-in-Boston wrote:

DW gets 5.99% offers on her Double Cash all the time, but that's the first time I recall seeing a targeted promo APR on a high-end Citi.  Have you had it sock drawered, or using it less than before?

I got 1.99% on Prestige from 9/2016 to 6/2017.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 20
DaJagman
Regular Contributor

apr.png

I still have some time left......

FICOs: EX: 840, EQ: 850, TU: 841
Bank of America Cash Rewards 50k
Diners Club Premier 40k
Chase Sapphire Reserve 50k
American Express Platinum NPSL
Discover it 47K
Message 6 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Neither actually I just got through using for some American Airlines tickets.   

Message 7 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@DaJagman wrote:

I still have some time left......

Citibank offered me this promotion last year.   I never took advantage of it because I always paid my bill in full.  

Message 8 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I just received this email from Citibank.  

This tracking update has been requested by:
Company Name: CITI Bankcard
Name: Shipping Manager
E-mail: 'not provided by requestor'
________________________________________________________________________________

Shipping Manager of CITI Bankcard sent Saleen099 of
Saleen099 1 FedEx Priority Overnight package(s).
This shipment is scheduled to be sent on 07/21/2017.
Reference information includes:
Purchase order number: 7430671-8
Ship date: Jul 21, 2017
Scheduled delivery: Sat, 7/22/2017 by 1:30 pm
Service type: FedEx Priority Overnight
Packaging type: FedEx Envelope
Number of pieces: 1
Weight: 0.50 lb.
Special handling/Services For Saturday Delivery
Tracking number: XXXXXXXX 

Message 9 of 20
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

Regardless of how u look at it, YES it's still a promo. The APR is lower than the minimum advertised rate and it's a limited time offer not available to everyone. Keep in mind this is not a new account and it's a high end travel card that don't normally get low interest rates.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.