Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank Application Questions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank Application Questions?

I applied for the Citi AA Bronze and citi sent me an email request for address verification. I told them i mail in my telephone statement, credit card statemetn and SS # card.

Is this normal for Citi application process? I mailed it in last week and waiting for approval status.

HAs anyone experienced this with Citi?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citibank Application Questions?

They had me mail them a copy of a utility bill, but the Social Security card would freak me out even though they have your social from the app. Maybe I am being silly but I think that is overkill.

While them asking for that freaked me out. I think it was because I had a low number of accounts and had recently moved around the time I applied for a card and they wanted to make sure it wasn't a stolen identity.

Usually it is a good sign that they want to give you a card. They wouldn't bother if they didn't want to pull the trigger.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They wanted me to prove that I live at the address but i use PO BOX for mailing address and my CR have PO box in it. They asked me to send in 3 of the 5 documents they requested but one of the 5 documents is paycheck stub but I don't have paycheck stub because I dont keep direct deposit stuff..So the CSR rep said, Social Card is fine. So i mailed in Phone statement,CC statement and SS #..Now waiting for reply from them..

By the way, how long did it takes for them to get back with you? Did they send u approve email?

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 08-14-2009 06:52 PM
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It took 7-10 days. I called them when I thought they would have received it and they said they had just approved it. They hadn't emailed me yet.

Goodluck!

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh thanks for sharing your experience with me, greatly appreciate it..Yeah I'm hoping to get approve and get the card before my birthday August 26 Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Uniqua
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ahh thanks for sharing your experience with me, greatly appreciate it..Yeah I'm hoping to get approve and get the card before my birthday August 26 Smiley Happy

Sounds like you are already approved.  So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Uniqua,

I am still waiting for final decision. More likely they already approved me. If i get the card before my birthday, I'll be really happy Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey "Debtisgood":

when did u apply and which cards did u apply for?

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 08-15-2009 03:42 PM
Message 8 of 12
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope to have my Blue from American Express card for my b-day on Tuesday.  Got approved this past Thursday.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL congrats on your Blue card..I just got email from Citi and was approved for Citi AAdvantage and I cant wait to use it Smiley Happy..Earn points for AA Airlines. My Blue Sky has 10,000 points already..

By the way nice things about Amex Blue is that they offer me 7,500 Bonus points = $100 credit back in Dec. I dont know if they still do now or not. And by the way, AMEX shipped my card by UPS and i received it 5 days later after instant approve online..Amazing!!

Happy early birthday !! Mine is on the 26th of this month Smiley Happy

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 08-15-2009 04:32 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.