Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine two Orchard Cards

tag
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Combine two Orchard Cards

Hey guys, what's up?!

i have two HSBC cards, one regular and a Best buy one.

do they combined cards at all?

because my CL is of $300 on my BBRZMC GOLD $2000, i'd like to combine them just because of the fact that i will never have a CLI on the $300 dollars one, so i might be better off combining them both,....

Anything helps,. thanks...

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Combine two Orchard Cards

the best buy card is not really an orchard card....they are both HSBC cards, which is what i think you meant.  i don't think you can combine them.  you CAN combine two actual orchard cards, but i don't think you can combine the best buy with other HSBC products.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

the best buy card is not really an orchard card....they are both HSBC cards, which is what i think you meant.  i don't think you can combine them.  you CAN combine two actual orchard cards, but i don't think you can combine the best buy with other HSBC products.

+1 on the issuer being HSBC and not Orchard.  It depends if your Best Buy card is the BBRZ mastercard, or just the store card.  BBRZ + Orchard can be combined (I combined orchard, BBRZ and Household into one Household).  Store card cannot be combined with a MC.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 8
danisgods
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

+1 on the issuer being HSBC and not Orchard.  It depends if your Best Buy card is the BBRZ mastercard, or just the store card.  BBRZ + Orchard can be combined (I combined orchard, BBRZ and Household into one Household).  Store card cannot be combined with a MC.

Good luck!

Thanks man, and yes, i do have the BBRZ GOLD, so what do i do , just call them and ask them to combine my cards?how does the process works?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately it's like dealing with a stone-age company.. you have to call a CSR and tell them, in no uncertain terms, that you would like to combine two separate HSBC accounts into a single account and consolidate the credit lines.  They can't do it over the phone, they snail mail you an application for credit card combination, where it asks you which one you would like to keep and which to close.  You fill out the form, snail mail it back, and about 2-3 weeks later, you will see it updated online (and I think I got a confirmation email).  Whole process takes the better part of a month... but they allowed me to take my $600 BBRZ and $400 Orchard and roll them into my $600 Household card... I got the confirmation of a $1600 CL, then a week later I got notice they bumped it to $2k.

Good luck, and be patient!

Message 5 of 8
danisgods
Regular Contributor

i will definitely do that , i will get back to you guys, thanks a lot....

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm would they comebine two RZMC best buy cards?

Message 7 of 8
danisgods
Regular Contributor

Finally called them today , and they told me their policy has changed and they no longer allow account combinations....

Smiley Sad cant say i didnt try.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.