Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limit Increase

tag
dheather00
Valued Member

Credit Limit Increase

Hello!  I bit the bullet today and called and requested a credit limit increase on my Best Buy Rewardzone Masercarrd.  They increased it from $300 to $600, my question is how often do you suggest requesting an increase?  Thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
colindidit
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Limit Increase

Every 6 months with them(:
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 2 of 9
londonhogfan
Contributor

Did you call the backdoor? Any idea if they did a HP?

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 3 of 9
dheather00
Valued Member

I actually just called the number on the card, and tey approved me. They didn't mention a HP so I am hoping not. I'll have to see if I get any alerts on my Score Watch in the next couple of days. Shouldn't they have told me if they were going to pull my credit?
Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dheather00 wrote:
I actually just called the number on the card, and tey approved me. They didn't mention a HP so I am hoping not. I'll have to see if I get any alerts on my Score Watch in the next couple of days. Shouldn't they have told me if they were going to pull my credit?

They should but some CSR's wont if they dont know any better. Lat time I requested a CLI before the 6 month interval it was a HP went from 1,300 to 4,000.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the increase! Did you have a balance on the card when requesting the increase?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Congrats on the increase! Did you have a balance on the card when requesting the increase?

No it was PIF.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

They should but some CSR's wont if they dont know any better. Lat time I requested a CLI before the 6 month interval it was a HP went from 1,300 to 4,000.

If they dont mention about an HP.

Would we be able to dispute it ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

No I dont think so. Anytime you request a CLI your giving them permission to pull a report its their discretion whether its a SP or HP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.