Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit One

tag
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: Credit One

@coreyb80 wrote:

That's definitely been my issue the emotional attachment, but as you stated it's time let go and move on.  I'm also of the mind, I could be wrong, that some creditors view you differently when they do not see the bottom feeders, again this is not gospel, but only my opinion haha.  I'll be calling Credit One after I pay this $50 balance and shut it down.  The $1K AMEX they gave me with a $99 annual definitely has to go.

You can product change that AMEX at some point (if it's an actual AMEX card) so I would keep it for now. You got your foot in the door so to speak with them no reason to slam it shut now.

3/3/24
Message 11 of 13
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

That's definitely been my issue the emotional attachment, but as you stated it's time let go and move on.  I'm also of the mind, I could be wrong, that some creditors view you differently when they do not see the bottom feeders, again this is not gospel, but only my opinion haha.  I'll be calling Credit One after I pay this $50 balance and shut it down.  The $1K AMEX they gave me with a $99 annual definitely has to go.

You can product change that AMEX at some point (if it's an actual AMEX card) so I would keep it for now. You got your foot in the door so to speak with them no reason to slam it shut now.

I'm not in with AMEX yet, I have a Credit One AMEX with a $1K limit that I feel is pointless.

Message 12 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

Credit One Amex is not the same as an Amex issued by American Express National Bank (AENB).

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.