Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover Unsecured/Secured In System CLI Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Unsecured/Secured In System CLI Question

Anyone have any luck getting a CLi yet for those who have had issues with your unsecured card still acting or showing as a secured card in their system? Last I heard the end of the month it was going to be fixed. Just wondering if anyone tried recently and can confirm if it is indeed fixed?

Thx
49 REPLIES 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover Unsecured/Secured In System CLI Question

I have a post about this too. I was told that the system should be fixed on or before the 29th of this month. I'm going to try around the first week if April.

Message 2 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was going to try on my Statement date which is the 4th unless someone else has found out it worked by now. My cli page went back to the normal request one finally. It was stuck on the 2 day message for weeks.
Message 3 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I orginially thought it was something I did...I got the dreaded "BANK INFORMATION NOT RECIEVED" letter more than once. I am going to try again on Friday. I have also heard the rumor that it will be fixed on the 29th.

Message 4 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep this thread updated. There are like 5 going around but if we can keep this one as one for if and when it is fixed and people who try and get the letter that would be great.

I'm gonna app for a second Disco card and combine if it doesn't get fixed by next month.
Message 5 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Please keep this thread updated. There are like 5 going around but if we can keep this one as one for if and when it is fixed and people who try and get the letter that would be great.

I'm gonna app for a second Disco card and combine if it doesn't get fixed by next month.

People got mad at me for saying this but, if still nothing changes I will cancel my card. Nothing to do with a $200 limit card that won't grow.

Message 6 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't take it personally-people get mad at things I say all the time. For some reason people on forums seem to think that what they personally think and feel is what everyone should. Smiley Happy
I say if it doesn't work for you-do what you think is best. The exception to that is if you are a newbie and don't understand credit scoring and rebuilding-but even then I try to just recommend and always try to remember writing text or posts or emails-people can't hear your tone-so wear kid gloves and treat everyone kindly. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't take it personally-people get mad at things I say all the time. For some reason people on forums seem to think that what they personally think and feel is what everyone should. Smiley Happy
I say if it doesn't work for you-do what you think is best. The exception to that is if you are a newbie and don't understand credit scoring and rebuilding-but even then I try to just recommend and always try to remember writing text or posts or emails-people can't hear your tone-so wear kid gloves and treat everyone kindly. Smiley Happy

Agree with you - I was recently approved for $3k chase freedom - so you can see why I'm skeptical with discover lately. 

I don't think everyone understands the mysterious FICO perfectly - but that is the beauty behind the mystery. :-)

Message 8 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leezzy,

I'm not sure what your overall profile looks like but having that card open for the time may be a good thing for you. You don't have to use it and it doesn't have an AF so...if your aaoa is fine without it chuck it. If, however, that is one of your card open for a good amount of time, it will hurt your credit profile to close it. Just some food for thought!
Message 9 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmm140 wrote:
Leezzy,

I'm not sure what your overall profile looks like but having that card open for the time may be a good thing for you. You don't have to use it and it doesn't have an AF so...if your aaoa is fine without it chuck it. If, however, that is one of your card open for a good amount of time, it will hurt your credit profile to close it. Just some food for thought!

Agree - Easier to let them close it for me not using it...then me wasting my time calling them. Thanks for the good idea.

Message 10 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.