Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover cli question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover cli question

Today i received the card and the information says my EQ is 622 , when they check for cli use TU right ? if my score is 672 maybe i have options for a cli or wait 31 days ? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover cli question

Discover requires you to wait 3 months before requesting a CLI on a new account.  I was approved for my card in Feb 2016... I requested a CLI once my second statement cut and I was denied because my account is too new.  I called customer service and was told I need to wait 90 days from when the account was opened to apply for a CLI.  

Hope this helps!!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know that , thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Today i received the card and the information says my EQ is 622 , when they check for cli use TU right ? if my score is 672 maybe i have options for a cli or wait 31 days ? 

Scores in the 660-680 range also often need a HP for the first CLI. Tread carefully. Speaking from experience and anecdotal evidence from the board.

Message 4 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Good to know Ghoshida. I just received my 1st Discover statement. My goal is to have my uti down to under 9% after my third statement, this raising my score, before asking for a CLI. Looking forward to this. Thanks for the info. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I believe once you get past the 6 month mark, the online CLI requests become soft pulls. Then, you can request more often.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

if my score is 672 maybe i have options for a cli or wait 31 days ? 

It's never just about score but as stated above you generally need to wait 3 months.

If you want CLI's then identify the issues on your reports and work on addressing them.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.