cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover really seems to react if someone plays with luv button...

tag
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Discover really seems to react if someone plays with luv button...

It is now less than 3 months I have my Discover card (the second statement was dated around a week ago or so) and a couple of days ago I tried to play with luv link in my online banking. Got something like "Sorry, we can't process your CLI request at this time blah-blah-blah". 

Today I was activating another AU card and saw a strange "available credit" amount that exceeded my total CL. **bleep**, I thought, logged into the online banking and - surprise - my CL has been increased from $2500 to $3000 Smiley Happy Seems they've decided to match my highest CL so far.  

Not a dealbreaker, obviously, but I definitely like it Smiley Happy If they keep granting me those increases every time I play with luv buttons, I will be doing it all the time, lol j/k Smiley Happy

After reading similar posts I actually thought that this was a kind of coincidence, but seems it's not the case...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover really seems to react if someone plays with luv button...

Havent had  the same luck Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 4
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

I've had good luck with Discover just giving me CLIs and BT offers without my even asking for them. They've given me two CLIs in the last several months, maybe 4ish months apart. I was pleasantly surprised.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover seems to do that sometimes. Got a random CLI from them a few months ago. Bumped from 5,500 to 7,200 and I had a United explorer card with a 6,200 CL at the time. Coincidence?

I just opened the Citi AAdvantage card since I will be moving my flying to AA and it is an 8,000 CL. I wonder if Discover is going to do anything? Not that I need them to as I only use the card for 5% or 2% cashback deals so I have no need for a large credit limit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.