cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you normally take rewards in cash or statement credit?

tag
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: Do you normally take rewards in cash or statement credit?

I prefer flexible points to cash rewards.  You can use your points for cash.   I can use my points for cash, travel, merchandise, statement credits, or gift cards.  

If I did decide to use my points for cash, however, I would probably apply it in the form of a statement credit since that is where most of my checking account balance goes anyway, to pay statement balances.  So I pay less that month, keeping the cash in my bank account.... this saves a step over having a check sent or deposit made to my bank account, and then, after waiting for this to show in my checking account,  paying my full statement balance.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 11 of 12
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Do you normally take rewards in cash or statement credit?

its certainly a great way to save even if it is a few dollars

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.