Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Inquiries Hurt my chances of CLI's

tag
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

Does Inquiries Hurt my chances of CLI's

Hi! I went on an app spree late Jan - Feb and the results were a few store cards, Chase Freedom and Discover More.  My question is, will the inquiries hurt my my chances of gettting CLIs on my new cards at 3 months or 6 months? I have about 9.

Slowly building....
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Inquiries Hurt my chances of CLI's

@TeeandDee wrote:

Hi! I went on an app spree late Jan - Feb and the results were a few store cards, Chase Freedom and Discover More.  My question is, will the inquiries hurt my my chances of gettting CLIs on my new cards at 3 months or 6 months? I have about 9.

It really depends.  Some creditors are very inquiry sensitive - others aren't.   

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

@I doubt the inq will -- though they no doubt lowered your score a bit, your score should rebound in time. What could hurt your CLI, IMO, is that you have so many new CCs. THAT is what they are going to be looking at: the CCs you have, when you got them, your CLs, your highest bal reported, your current util, etc. I would wait 6 mos before asking for any CLIs, with the exception of any GEMB CCs you may  have. On those, I'd try @ 4 mos since it's a SP.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 5
TeeandDee
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty good in the utilization area...keeping it below 9%. Also my FICO scores have actually improved since my new cards started reporting. I think I will wait six months before I would initiate a cli...but I'm hoping for auto cli's.
Slowly building....
Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TeeandDee wrote:

After 6 months its possible but the newness of the INQ's will wear off.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.