cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does getting a Barclay checking account help with getting Barclaycards?

tag
JoeFontana

Does getting a Barclay checking account help with getting Barclaycards?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: Does getting a Barclay checking account help with getting Barclaycards?

I am not sure. I do know Barclay rewards for average credit is not too hard to get. If you currently have no revolving credit and have been denied get a secured card or 2 then try again in 6 months.

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 7
JoeFontana

I have 5 credit cards right now, but I think that my AAoA may be too short. 

I got a US Bank account to help with US Bank checking/savings account to help with US Bank cards. I was thinking of doing the same for Barclaycard. 

Message 3 of 7
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Where does one sign up for a checking account with Barclays? All I know that they offer deposit wise is savings and CDs.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 4 of 7
JoeFontana

Sorry, I guess just savings account. 

Message 5 of 7
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I asked a similar question on the Ring forums, and I got a resounding "no". To be more specific, I asked if keeping a sizeable balance in a Barclays savings account would help get a CLI on my Ring. Barclaycard's staff said no.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 6 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JoeFontana wrote:

Sorry, I guess just savings account. 

I have a 6 figure deposit in Barclays Savings account (for various reasons).  They gave me a $5K limit on my Sallie Mae (the lowest limit I have) so if it helps, it's not a big impact!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.