cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Chase AARP fall into Chase's 5/24 rule?

tag
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Does the Chase AARP fall into Chase's 5/24 rule?

Sorry in advance if this is already posted, but I could not find anything on it after 10 minutes of searching.

Looking at getting this card for the resturant cash back, but want to know if I will just be wasting my time. Have about 7/24 and wont be under 5 for another year.

All 3 scores are around 780 so i'm really not concerend about being accepted other than the 5/24 rule.

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Does the Chase AARP fall into Chase's 5/24 rule?

No AARP and Amazon do not fall under that rule.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 2 of 7
Josh611
Regular Contributor

@JamP wrote:

No AARP and Amazon do not fall under that rule.

Thank you!

Still debating on whether or not I will get it. Just filled out the application and then decided not to lol. Have gone almost 12 months without getting a card so I would really like to wait at least that.

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 3 of 7
JamP
Valued Contributor

I felt the same way when I applied for the Amazon Store card before the Chase Amazon became amazing. Been quite a while since I applied for a card.

If everything is correct in your signature, I can't imagine them turning you down, of course I do not know your whole history.

Advance Congratz if you apply.

If you don't apply Congratz for having that composure. 

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 4 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I can say with absolute certainty that it isnt 5/24

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I know your question has already been answered, but here's a site with a list of all cards impacted (and not) by 5/24:

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/

Message 6 of 7
Josh611
Regular Contributor

Ended up applying today and got a measley limit of $3500. Oh well. I'll get a lot of use out of the card as the majority of my extra spend is through resturants. Plus its an easy $100 bonus offer so that's not bad either.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.