cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with Multiple US Bank Cards.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

For those with Multiple US Bank Cards.....

I’m wondering what the max number of cards is for US Bank, or if it is just a Max limit based on your income/credit.

I have the 365 Amex, Cash Plus Visa, Resrve Line of Credit, and the Premier Line of Credit.

Wondering if I can apply for a 3rd credit card.

Does anyone have 3?

Thx
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: For those with Multiple US Bank Cards.....

Yes, I had three.

A 2009 card that was PC'd to a Cash+ about a year ago

A 2011 Cash+

A FlexPerks Travel Rewards VISA that I had from August 2014 to about October 2014. Closed

A Fred Meyer Rewards Credit Card, from Jan 2015. I closed this one recently.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have below 5 credit cards apart from reserve line and premiere line plus-

1. Cash Plus 

2. Cash 365 Amex

3. Perks +

4. FlexPerks Travel Rewards

5. Altitude Reserve

Message 3 of 12
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’m wondering what the max number of cards is for US Bank, or if it is just a Max limit based on your income/credit.

I have the 365 Amex, Cash Plus Visa, Resrve Line of Credit, and the Premier Line of Credit.

Wondering if I can apply for a 3rd credit card.

Does anyone have 3?

Thx

Four: Cash+, FP Visa, FP Am Ex, Alt Reserve, and Reserve Line of Credit.  Got denied for Premier LOC (mind boggle Ha!). TCL: 57k (cards).

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 4 of 12
noobody
Established Contributor

I have way too much available credit on my US Bank credit cards. I want apply for premier LOC, shall I
1) call to reduce CL on credit cards to minimum level i need, apply after several weeks, hope to get a decent LOC.
OR
2) apply now, call analyst if application is denied or CL is insufficient, offer to move credit line from credit cards over.

I have excellent credit score and US Bank seems like me, they gave me my highest CL on cash+ few years ago, and keep offer SP CLI on my card accounts.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 5 of 12
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@noobody wrote:
I have way too much available credit on my US Bank credit cards. I want apply for premier LOC, shall I
1) call to reduce CL on credit cards to minimum level i need, apply after several weeks, hope to get a decent LOC.
OR
2) apply now, call analyst if application is denied or CL is insufficient, offer to move credit line from credit cards over.

I have excellent credit score and US Bank seems like me, they gave me my highest CL on cash+ few years ago, and keep offer SP CLI on my card accounts.

Option number 2 is what I would do.

Message 6 of 12
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

Just an FYI, but US Bank no longer moves credit limits between cards. I've been told by underwriting that they'd be inclined to increase the line on a card after th closure/decrease on another card.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx all.

I also say app for the PLOc but call first. There are sometimes preapprocals that don’t show online. You can call once a month ask ask. I was told this because when I applied for my Premier Line Plus I called in for something else and was told I had a preapprocals for it. I asked why it didn’t show online and was told it was a mailer that went out. I probably threw it away ciz I didn’t get one or remember getting one. He advised me to call in and ask once a month or however often you want.

If you don’t have one then cold app for it. If you get denied for some reason call them. They are great to work with. Gl
Message 8 of 12
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

@noobody wrote:
OR

Option number 2 is what I would do.

Just be ready for a hp!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call the main number-ask if you have any preapprocals. (That’s how I got mine-wasn’t online but was told when I called in for a different reason. Also was told to call every month or two and ask. Some preapprocals are online-some over the phone-some via US Mail)

If you don’t have one then just cold app over the phone. If for some reason you are denied ask to talk to UW.

If you are part of the “Because you earned it” program (which is a joke IMO since it is TU Vantage Scoring) then you should be good if you have not gone over your limit iterally with them based on your income.

If you aren’t part of that BYEI program. Sign up. It’s only a soft pull and you qualify if your TU Vantage Score is 700 or above. They love that stupid program. Lol.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.