Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 392
Registered: ‎11-27-2010
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


cashnocredit wrote:

You don't need a JPM account, let alone private bank status, to get a Palladium card. You just need excellent credit and fairly high, probably >300k income.


I think you're confused about the card he's referencing.

 

Take a look here


Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,257
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


drsmith wrote:

cashnocredit wrote:

You don't need a JPM account, let alone private bank status, to get a Palladium card. You just need excellent credit and fairly high, probably >300k income.


I think you're confused about the card he's referencing.

 

Take a look here

 

 



The OP was posting a cute wish list of "status cards" that are presumably exclusive. This included JPM's Palladium card, widely touted as "exclusive" for clients of JPM's Private Bank where they average 30M in investable funds. Well, it's an outstanding job of marketing not a lot different from the more hoi polloi Visa Black Card version.

 

The Palladium card has a sub 1k AF and anyone can apply. Just call JPM and get an app. You don't even need to be a JPM client. In fact they don't even ask about your assets, just your income like virtually every other CC out there. Now the Centurion Black Card IS exclusive. You can't download an App for that one.

 

 


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 392
Registered: ‎11-27-2010
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


cashnocredit wrote:

drsmith wrote:

cashnocredit wrote:

You don't need a JPM account, let alone private bank status, to get a Palladium card. You just need excellent credit and fairly high, probably >300k income.


I think you're confused about the card he's referencing.

 

Take a look here

 

 



The OP was posting a cute wish list of "status cards" that are presumably exclusive. This included JPM's Palladium card, widely touted as "exclusive" for clients of JPM's Private Bank where they average 30M in investable funds. Well, it's an outstanding job of marketing not a lot different from the more hoi polloi Visa Black Card version.

 

The Palladium card has a sub 1k AF and anyone can apply. Just call JPM and get an app. You don't even need to be a JPM client. In fact they don't even ask about your assets, just your income like virtually every other CC out there. Now the Centurion Black Card IS exclusive. You can't download an App for that one.

 

 


I've swiped probably 30 Centurion cards

 

Only one Palladium card.


Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,362
Registered: ‎02-07-2010
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


cashnocredit wrote:

 



The OP was posting a cute wish list of "status cards" that are presumably exclusive. This included JPM's Palladium card, widely touted as "exclusive" for clients of JPM's Private Bank where they average 30M in investable funds. Well, it's an outstanding job of marketing not a lot different from the more hoi polloi Visa Black Card version.

 

The Palladium card has a sub 1k AF and anyone can apply. Just call JPM and get an app. You don't even need to be a JPM client. In fact they don't even ask about your assets, just your income like virtually every other CC out there. 

 


REALLY? someone on this site ought to apply and post the results.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,257
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


drsmith wrote:
 

I've swiped probably 30 Centurion cards

 

Only one Palladium card.



Centurions have been around for quite a long time. Palladiums were introduced quite recently. Centurions have a far higher AF not to mention a ridiculous "initiation" fee. And you have to be invited.

 

Palladiums have no initiation fee and modest (in comparison to the Centurion card) AF.

 

JPM is using this card to help market their private client services where the real money is made on portfolio mgmt, trusts, and other active family wealth services.

 


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,361
Registered: ‎09-22-2009
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C

There are threads I've followed on other sites where folks have applied for and been approved for the Palladium card who are not JPM clients, and do not have wealth.  But ALL have high credit scores (upper 700's - low 800's) and LONG credit histories.  I thought about getting one to add to my collection of odd-ball cards, but couldn't stomach the AF just for a conversation piece. 

EQ Fico 8 - 846
TU Fico 8 - 848
EX Fico 8 - 836
Regular Contributor
Posts: 227
Registered: ‎06-01-2011
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


HoahCredit wrote:
 
Do you realize that to get a Centurion card you only need to charge $100000 per year in your current Amex Card? Now, if you were to be able to get a few CCs with no credit limit you'll be able to say, literally, that you have a $2M CL or $10M CL.

I'm going to go with this.  The Centurion effectively provides a million+ dollar limit.  I've read posts on here where an AMEX employee talks about green card holders putting millions thru their account over the year.  Business green I assume but maybe just personal Green.

BK to fall off 2/12 - DONE!
myFICO (6-14-11): EX ?, EQ 684, TU 713
FICO (5-17-12): EX: 731
CreditSecure FAKOs (6-14-11): EX 745, EQ 661, TU 654
CreditSecure FAKOs (5-17-12): EX 732, EQ 671, TU 697
Goal: 760 across the board
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,257
Registered: ‎07-18-2009
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C

I first got a green then gold Amex but hardly ever used it except occasionally for biz. It was really cool because not many had gold Amexes back then and it was sort of a status symbol. Still, I really didn't like not knowing what my "limit" was and my other cards had limits (80k ish total) that I knew were good for whatever I purchased so I used them. One day after I'd charged a lot on a trip and paid it they called and canceled it. Since I was thinking of canceling it because of the AF I just said cool, bye. My payment patterns were weird on my other cards as I'd pay about 10k over what I owed and just let them accumulate until I started getting red late notices then I'd pay another 10k over. Rinse and repeat.  Amex probably saw all the late flags and just canceled me. The other banks could see my payment patterns and kept giving me CLIs far beyond what I needed. I knew nothing about CRAs back then.  Unfortunately, after I eventually stopped using CCs in favor of my bank's debit card. I could charge up to 10k a day and never needed more. Eventually the CC banks just stopped renewing. Dumb move since fixed.

 

 


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,486
Registered: ‎08-14-2011
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C


HoahCredit wrote:
 
Do you realize that to get a Centurion card you only need to charge $100000 per year in your current Amex Card? Now, if you were to be able to get a few CCs with no credit limit you'll be able to say, literally, that you have a $2M CL or $10M CL.


I've heard you need to spend at least $250k on a personal AMEX to get the invite.  However, once in the "club" you don't have to meet any minimum spending limit.  Just pay all the fees and you get to keep your Centurion.

In My Wallet:
AMEX BCE, Citi Forward, Chase Freedom

In My Sockdrawer:
AMEX Clear, Citi Platinum Select, US Bank Platinum, J.Crew
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,362
Registered: ‎02-07-2010
0

Re: GOALS: 1.Reach a $2,000,000 Credit Limit, 2.Get Amex Centurion Card, 3.Get JP Morgan Palladium C

[ Edited ]

android01 wrote:

There are threads I've followed on other sites where folks have applied for and been approved for the Palladium card who are not JPM clients, and do not have wealth.  But ALL have high credit scores (upper 700's - low 800's) and LONG credit histories.  I thought about getting one to add to my collection of odd-ball cards, but couldn't stomach the AF just for a conversation piece. 



you know, i would normally agree with you, but this is THE EXEPTION. and the reason is, is that the cards physical value itself is actually worth about a grand. if i were you, i would keep the account for about a year and close, just to keep the physical card.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.