Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - December 2017

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - December 2017

@simplynoir wrote:

No problem. It's a quick and seemless process IMO you shouldn't have any issues at all doing it.

Indeed.  The one quirk is that if you are logged into your Marriott account when you transfer the points from Starwood, you will need to log out and back in on your Marriott account to see the points.  It is instant!  Transfers between members on Starpoints usually take 2-3 days.  Transfers from Membership Rewards to Starpoints usually take a few days.  Transfers from Ultimate Rewards to Marriott Rewards also usually take a few days.  Off-topic, but MRs to SkyMiles are instant - wish Amex had the same turnaround with Starpoints.

Be sure to try to work that 5th night free in there for maximum point value. Smiley Wink

Message 101 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent all my mr points to SkyMiles bc the conversion rate to starpoints is crappy imo 😂

Message 102 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife, while marginally accepting but highly skeptical of my recent credit maximizing, app spree & bank signup bonus chasing, appreciates me giving periodic financial updates as her DNP-FNP program and work keeps her too busy. Just tallied up all our earned interest from savings & CDs along with a separate total of cashback earned since starting all this back in August. Savings interest $596 +$200 sub. Cashback (counting discover cb match available next Aug) $876. All totaled that's $1672 in roughly 4mo. Not too shabby for what amounts to not much actual work, unless you count the years spent rebuilding credit.

She's definitely less skeptical now Smiley Happy
Message 103 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Sleepless...your siggy always makes me chuckle! You have such an impressive lineup but at the end is your poor little Cap1 card. 😂

(I’m not being judgy...my BOA is like that too w/ a small CL compared to my other cards).

LOL, keeping it real, right? And that precious one is THE MOST COSTLY! 3 HPs across the 3Bs.

I hope you are having a wonderful Friday.

Message 104 of 4,148
bluntco
Valued Contributor

If we can talk about how to use our points and rewards for 303 pages, I'll be very happy 🙄
Message 105 of 4,148
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I sent all my mr points to SkyMiles bc the conversion rate to starpoints is crappy imo 😂

1:1 MR to Marriott is not too bad honestly if you can find the right redemptions.

Message 106 of 4,148
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

No changes on my scores. Even the $10K CLI (61-Day AMEX Special) has not affected my 3Bs.

I'm currently in a bucket where I no longer see any gain for overall utilization from CLIs or large new lines.  (I can of course still see gains and losses from individual cards.)  Sounds like you may have joined the club?  Will still be a few years before I see 8.9%.

Message 107 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

How i get spade ?

Message 108 of 4,148
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No changes on my scores. Even the $10K CLI (61-Day AMEX Special) has not affected my 3Bs.

I'm currently in a bucket where I no longer see any gain for overall utilization from CLIs or large new lines.  (I can of course still see gains and losses from individual cards.)  Sounds like you may have joined the club?  Will still be a few years before I see 8.9%.

Yeah, I don't think it takes long to see minimal/no gains from new CLs being added to your credit report; wanna say the $50k-$75k range should do it. Only way to see gains from there is utilization as K mentioned assuming your AAoA is solid.

Message 109 of 4,148
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Sleepless...your siggy always makes me chuckle! You have such an impressive lineup but at the end is your poor little Cap1 card. 😂

(I’m not being judgy...my BOA is like that too w/ a small CL compared to my other cards).

i totally always thought the same thing! LOL

Message 110 of 4,148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.