cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a new SYNCB card after charge off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting a new SYNCB card after charge off?

So I had a synchrony bank/GE capital card ( AE) that was charged off in 2013. Since then, I have paid it off in full and was wondering what my odds of being approved for a new SYNCB card would be? They have so many store cards I want but am worried that my bad history with them would affect negatively.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting a new SYNCB card after charge off?

Synchrony isn't anyone's idea of a super-selective lender, so I wouldn't be surprised if you got something, though it might be a toy limit. If you don't want to take the hard pull you can try the shopping cart trick.

Message 2 of 4
Bankrupt2019
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I had a synchrony bank/GE capital card ( AE) that was charged off in 2013. Since then, I have paid it off in full and was wondering what my odds of being approved for a new SYNCB card would be? They have so many store cards I want but am worried that my bad history with them would affect negatively.

They let me back in the week after I paid my charge off.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this type of situation. However, I hope everything works out for you. Please come back and update your thread. Thanks in advance.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.