cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gonna APP Today! Need some advice Thanks!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna APP Today! Need some advice Thanks!

I will be applying for two cards today!

I am looking for the following as far as criteria is concerned:

0 APR the longer the better 15 months or more...

Making big purchase of 12K and would like to put most on the new cards and some on some other cards and they pay 500-700 spread out over the cards..

No annual Fee

Besides the purchase I would like to use the cards later on for....gas, bills, dining, online shopping etc...usual stuff...do not travel heavy (now perhaps)

Credit score roughly 750 and up on all

AAOA 4.5 years

Length of credit 7 years

Closed old accounts and currently have Discover IT at 13K and Amex BCE at 13K for about 7 months along with Amex Business at 14K (doesnt show on personal)

What would be some good cards?

How is citi simplicity or diamond preffered they have the longest 0 apr at 18months

Also what type of limits would I expect....

This is very important I hope you all contribute thanks as I will app today...

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gonna APP Today! Need some advice Thanks!

Those two are great cards. I would expect 10-20k On citi DP. Otherwise chase has great offerings but limits may not be what you want. Another option is amex. They have several with low intro periods and give awesome limits
Message 2 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Since you've said you'd like to use the card after the initial purchase is paid off for regular expenses, be aware none of these cards earn rewards.

Cards like these become fairly useless after the initial intro Apr wears off,so be prepared to PC or app for a new card if you want rewards after this.
Message 3 of 19
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I will be applying for two cards today!

I am looking for the following as far as criteria is concerned:

0 APR the longer the better 15 months or more...

Making big purchase of 12K and would like to put most on the new cards and some on some other cards and they pay 500-700 spread out over the cards..

No annual Fee

Besides the purchase I would like to use the cards later on for....gas, bills, dining, online shopping etc...usual stuff...do not travel heavy (now perhaps)

Credit score roughly 750 and up on all

AAOA 4.5 years

Length of credit 7 years

Closed old accounts and currently have Discover IT at 13K and Amex BCE at 13K for about 7 months along with Amex Business at 14K (doesnt show on personal)

What would be some good cards?

How is citi simplicity or diamond preffered they have the longest 0 apr at 18months

Also what type of limits would I expect....

This is very important I hope you all contribute thanks as I will app today...

CC1 - why wouldn't you go to the Citi website and see if you are pre-qualified for the card?  If you are you'll see the firm offer and APR you'll get at 0% intro.  It might help in your decision making process.  I know it did for me.  Good luck!

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add that I will app for either citi simplicity or diamond preferred and match it with chase freedom how does this sound thanks for the responses so far please keep them coming as I will app today thanks
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have a Amex bce with 13k will they give me another card which one do you recommend because k want to get one with the 18 month 0 apr and one that is close to that like the base freedom which has some rewards if any thanks so far...
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barry

Will they actually give you a limit before going through with it on the pre qualify
Message 7 of 19
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

No the limit doesn't show... that would be great huh?   Good luck - no harm in doing pre-qual though.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said firm offer...that's why I was confused I have never seen a limit shown before going through with a full application...as far as yes or no I'm sure hopefully they should approv me although I do see one charge off with them my annual credit report 5 years ago but it was for 200 bucks and that's when my credit was bad...

What do you think if add a citi simplicity for the 18 months 0 and app for a chase freedom for my large purchase???

Or do you think I can add another Amex revolver??? They may give me a nice high limit since I have bce with them at over 10k and a Amex biz card at over 10k...I know from reading that they allow up to 4 personal lines...but my line is only 6 months old with them how much will they give lol thanks
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the typos I'm in my iPhone 6 plus lol
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.