cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guess who is getting Nordies Back soon, LOL:)

tag
Ford725
Established Contributor

Re: Guess who is getting Nordies Back soon, LOL:)

@pizza1 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I mean absolutely no disrespect but instead of planning on getting a new card 8+ months from now it really seems like you should be taking a break from all this and gardening. (I don't know if December is long enough, but that's just an opinion)

Building credit is important -- no question. However, you can't let it consume you. It is simply a way to pay for things, and a score that reflects your ability to do so responsibly. Is it important? Yes. Do you need to revolve every day around it and worry about what card you'll get in December when we aren't even halfway through April (when who knows what will have come out by then that could be more exciting)? In my opinion, no.

I think you are best suited to stick to the 2 year gardening plan and in my opinion, with all due respect, you should probably take a break from this site. I mean that in the nicest way possible and not as an attack. It just seems you would benefit to focus on other things for the time being :-) just my opinion and advice. There are other things in life you can miss out on enjoying if you are spending too much time worrying about credit cards (or any other hobby/interest/thing)

appareciate your thoughts, but I did take a break, now Im backSmiley Wink  Again, Im tired of repeating myself, but, unless you have been through a catostrophic credit rebuild, you have no idea whats its like to want credit back, knowing that your previous creditors are BL you, as they should. Its a goal...a challenge... a want or need, and each person in their credit journey whether rebuilding or not, has different goals, which should be respected. 

+1000.......Here, here!! YES!

Current Scores: FICO08 670 EQ, FICO08 703 TU, FICO08 661 EX
Goal Score: 700's all 3 (07/2016)
Walmart $6k | Chevron $4k | Firestone $2.2k | Capital One Venture $5.4k | Quicksilver One MC $1.3k | Capital One Platinum MC $1k | Bloomingdales $12k | Amazon Prime $6k | Ebates Visa $12k | The Gap Visa $7k | Banana Republic Visa $7 | Brylane Home $2.6k | Express $2.5k | Overstock $1.85k | Macy's $11.3k | Stash Visa $12k | Lowe's $12k | Care Credit $5k | Macy's Amex $2.1k | Chase Amazon Visa $.5k | Cabela's Club Visa $2k
Message 11 of 29
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Hi Pizza,

I filed in 8/13 and discharged 11/13.  My scores are 680 - 695.  I also want another Nordstrom card.  Had one in the early 1980s.  Even heard about somebody on this site saying they got their card backdated to their original opening date!

Does Nordies have an "official" BK policy in terms of time after discharge and whether they were IIB'd?

I read on here recently that Macy's and Saks have a four year minimum post BK.  I forget which bank that is.

Thanks for your help.

Message 12 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Really now

SMH

oooooooo, throwing me a little MJ action tonightSmiley Wink hehehehe  

Message 13 of 29
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

That's awesome that a rep did that for you with putting a notation on your acct. There are those that will help those with BK like him, but not many.  And I totally understand and agree about wanting a few cards that you desire post BK. For me they are Citi and US Bank, but those won't be easy.

It's clear you have a great plan and making things happen.

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 14 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CH-7-Mission-Accomplished wrote:

Hi Pizza,

I filed in 8/13 and discharged 11/13.  My scores are 680 - 695.  I also want another Nordstrom card.  Had one in the early 1980s.  Even heard about somebody on this site saying they got their card backdated to their original opening date!

Does Nordies have an "official" BK policy in terms of time after discharge and whether they were IIB'd?

I read on here recently that Macy's and Saks have a four year minimum post BK.  I forget which bank that is.

Thanks for your help.

hey!!   

You got great scores, congrats on that!!Smiley Happy I think its a YMMV, but the credit guy told me that Im past their internal time frame to repapply and be reconsidered, so Im saying at least 1 -1 1/2yr post discharge. you would have a better chance than me, because you didnt IIB them like I did. I also did hear that as well on the backdate..and I will be asking for that as well when Im approved. 

Macys and Bloomingdales have a strict 4 yr post discharge policy...no ifs ands or buts about it..

I would apply in store in the customer service department, and tell them yourr applying there because they might have to call the credit department for approval if the system autodeclines.  Youll have better luck!!  Keep me posted!!! good luck to youSmiley Happy

Message 15 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Vegasr wrote:

That's awesome that a rep did that for you with putting a notation on your acct. There are those that will help those with BK like him, but not many.  And I totally understand and agree about wanting a few cards that you desire post BK. For me they are Citi and US Bank, but those won't be easy.

It's clear you have a great plan and making things happen.

Thanks Vegas!!  Dont get me wrong..Ive got long term credit goals, some people here dont think I do, but short term is store cards, long term is majors lenders back. US bank and Citi are also ones Id like to have ......later down the road when my BK is well aged, or aged off, and profile /scores support approval. youre doing great as well!!Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 29
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

Unbelievable. Last week we are crying in the threads and now we are right back to talking about applying for more lame store cards. What happened to stopping your erratic behavior? Sounds like it was all just one big pity party.
Message 17 of 29
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Thanks Vegas!!  Dont get me wrong..Ive got long term credit goals, some people here dont think I do, but short term is store cards, long term is majors lenders back. US bank and Citi are also ones Id like to have ......later down the road when my BK is well aged, or aged off, and profile /scores support approval. youre doing great as well!!Smiley Happy

Thank you as well.  For such a short time post BK what you've done is very impressive, and I definitely understand the hard challanges. 

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 18 of 29
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@akula wrote:
Unbelievable. Last week we are crying in the threads and now we are right back to talking about applying for more lame store cards. What happened to stopping your erratic behavior? Sounds like it was all just one big pity party.

yep, youre so right again..move along

Message 19 of 29
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

For what it's worth, I actually think having some store cards from quality stores is a good way of thickening up your file so when you open new accounts you want becasue they have great bonuses, high limits, low rates, etc., the impact of those new accounts will be less becasue you have many trade lines reporting.

I have a $200 JCP account still showing up on my credit report as open and I haven't ever used it, lost the card a decade ago, and yet it just sits there helping AAofA.

I have a Barney's NY card opened in 2005 with a 6K limit.  I only used it once at an outlet mall they had in Palm Springs.  It still shows as open, even after my BK 7, and I have no idea where the card is.  I would love them to send me another card, but I'm afraid at that point they would close it if I brought it to their attention.

I think with cards like Nordstrom, Macy's and some of these department stores - aside from the kind of snob appeal of havin their cards -- really lets you sock drawer them all year, drag them out for Christmas shopping, pay them off and SD them for another year.  

I wish I had kept my original Nordies card.  It was the solid dark chocolate brown card.  It was truly elegant and not all tacky.  It just said class.

I'm in Seattle and had Frederick & Nelson cards and Bon Marche cards when I was starting out in my early 20s.  Those cards were pretty cool too.  I think store cards lost a lot of their cool when they all began to be issued by a few banks - Synch, Comenity, etc.

Like the AMEX green card brings happy nostalgic memories, some of these cards do the same for me.  It is like finding original PanAm flight bags and things.  They bring back a world now long gone.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.