Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC, BestBuyMC and Cap1 - your thoughts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC, BestBuyMC and Cap1 - your thoughts

Does it take anyone at HSBC less than 10 days to do anything?

I do NOT like the way HSBC reports - takes my cards out of usage for 15 days so I don't kill util.  They are making their way to the dump list at a fast pace.

Cap1 at least reports upon statement - and now reports CLs -- service isn't the most pleasant but then I don't deal with them much.  W/O a LARGE CLI before July - they will be dumped.

You all have given me the courage to take no prisoners when it come to CCs.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
John060675
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC, BestBuyMC and Cap1 - your thoughts

Good view on things!  Sometimes it is hard to realize, but CC companies need us, not vice versa.

Take no prisoners!

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My prob with HSBC is that you never know what balance they are going to report.  I just paid mine off and will not use my BB MC again until I am sure it has reported the 0 balance.  Too bad since I love my rewards.  Will use the store card this weekend since I need a new dishwasher and can get 6 mso same as on it.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would a 9.9% fixed APR, no AF card be a good swap for those 3?  No rewards though.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
Would a 9.9% fixed APR, no AF card be a good swap for those 3?  No rewards though.

For cards you plan to carry a balance on, I would go for the lower rate.  Carrying a balance usually ears up any rewards bennies in the long run. If you have rewards cards use the for pif purchases

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given up on my HSBC cards until the AF is due next year-
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
I have given up on my HSBC cards until the AF is due next year-

Luckily, my 2% doesn't have an annual fee but I think I will be giving up my BB MC come April. It does have a 39.00 AF though I think with a little finese, I ca nearn more in rewars than the AF but the financing deals are better with the store card.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last week, I requested my Capital One card be canceled.  From what I was told, it will take 2 billing statements (with a $0 balance) from the time of request for the account to be closed.   My credit line was $9000. It had a 9.9% APR, no AF, and an absolutely crappy rewards program.  My problem with Capital One was that they could never compete with my other cards in terms of credit lines, APRs, and rewards programs.  I didn't hate Capital One--I was just always apathetic about the card. 
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why close if it is not costing you anything?

@Anonymous wrote:
Last week, I requested my Capital One card be canceled. From what I was told, it will take 2 billing statements (with a $0 balance) from the time of request for the account to be closed. My credit line was $9000. It had a 9.9% APR, no AF, and an absolutely crappy rewards program. My problem with Capital One was that they could never compete with my other cards in terms of credit lines, APRs, and rewards programs. I didn't hate Capital One--I was just always apathetic about the card.

Message 9 of 14
John060675
Valued Contributor

Psychic,

I would keep it open and just sock drawer it.  That is a huge CL to just throw away. 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.