cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone gotten a cli from Capital One beyond 50k?

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Has anyone gotten a cli from Capital One beyond 50k?

I recently applied for a cli and was denied because credit score was too low for an increase.  I asked EO what the minimum credit score was for a cli and they couldn't tell me. 

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: Has anyone gotten a cli from Capital One beyond 50k?

Your sig has over 50k with CO why not combine or just app for another one and then combine after six months?

The insansity of it all, lol.  

Good of luck getting to 700k.

Btw, over 50k cli not many but I'm guessing.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Your sig has over 50k with CO why not combine or just app for another one and then combine after six months?

The he insansity of it all, lol.  

Thanks redpat.  Not you too, I was for sure you wouldn't join the 700k fan club.  That's CAPTOOL's goal, not mine.  I just have the one card with Capital one which was from account combinations.  I don't want to take a triple pull just to be denied.  If it was one HP, I likely would do it but not three. Smiley Wink

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 8
redpat
Senior Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Thanks redpat.  Not you too, I was for sure you wouldn't join the 700k fan club.  That's CAPTOOL's goal, not mine.  I just have the one card with Capital one which was from account combinations.  I don't want to take a triple pull just to be denied.  If it was one HP, I likely would do it but not three. Smiley Wink

Garden for a while then app.  I think you have all the cards on the market anyway so there isn't much more to app for and I don't think you need the cli asap also.  

6-12 months app even with 3hps it won't matter.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Garden for a while then app.  I think you have all the cards on the market anyway so there isn't much more to app for and I don't think you need the cli asap also.  

6-12 months app even with 3hps it won't matter.

So true.  As you know, I have poor impulse control when it comes to app's.  I do my homework and only apply if it looks like a good chance.  I don't really want another Capital One card and you're right I don't need the cli either.  Just greed.  I'll try the cli down the road and see what comes to it.  Maybe nothing but a SP is better than 3 HP's.  Thanks for the tips.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 8
redpat
Senior Contributor

In six months or so I see you getting a 15k - 30k Venture then a combo and bang 65.2 - 80.2 w/ CO.

Message 6 of 8
12njoy
Super Contributor

@redpat wrote:

In six months or so I see you getting a 15k - 30k Venture then a combo and bang 65.2 - 80.2 w/ CO.

Oh now that's worth waiting for Smiley Wink

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Can't blame you for not wanting the triple hard pull. I have no idea when I'm.going to app with them next due to not wanting the triple pull. It would be different if I knew I'd get those huge limits.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.