cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you ever been embarrassed by the design of your CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you ever been embarrassed by the design of your CC?

I'm sure you have all seen the commercial where the guy is at a biz lunch and pulls out his super hero CC to pay and they all laugh at him right?

Well I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences based on the appearance of their CC.

Here is what happened to me.

I was at walmart and I was buying small trinkets and toys for a halloween party for my son. I did not buy any candy or any food items at all.....

why is this important

Well... The cashier rang up my order and I pulled out my Orchard Bank card to pay. It has the american flag design. (Who would think an american flag on a credit card could be embarrassing... read on)

So before I even get my little hand up the swipy machine the cashier yells out "NO! Don't! You will mess up the system you can't use food stamps to pay for that!"

Loudly at that

So I must have been 4 different shades of red pink and purple as I explained to her that it wasn't food stamps or a welfare debit that it was my Credit card.

I was VERY embarrased.

***Note if I were in a position where I needed to use food stamps or welfare debit to make purchases that would not embarrass me and that is not what I was trying to say. I wanted to be sure not to offend anyone. I was embarrased by the cashiers yelling.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Have you ever been embarrassed by the design of your CC?

Sounds more like the cashier was an ignoramus.  I wouldn't base my judgements on commercials Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 27
wmarat
Valued Contributor

I could not care less how my cards look like and what a walmart cashier thinks about it.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Amy, Smiley Happy

I'm sorry the WalMart cashier embarrassed you like that.

It was pure rudeness and ignorance on her part, but you

have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of...especially if

your card proudly displays the American flag. Smiley Happy

When I had my Orchard card, from time to time merchants

would give me "the look". You know what I mean.....yes,

they can see it's a credit card, but they know it's either

a secured card or a credit rebuilder card. But that card

spends the exact same way one does from BofA or

JP Morgan Chase. So I blew them off and went about my

business. 

And in your case, should that ever happen to you again

at WalMart, ask to speak with the cashier's supervisor

and make them explain to you why using a credit card

displaying the American flag is cause for embarrassment.

I'll bet you they'd change their tune REAL quick if that

ever happened. And with times as tough as they are

right now, the last thing any store needs is poor treatment

of customers....

Once again, I'm sorry you had to go thru that. Just don't

let that experience cause you to never use the card again.  

I wouldn't give that cashier the satisfaction...Smiley Wink

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was VERY embarrased.

Embarrassed? Oh, HECK yeah!! You should be embarrassed!!

To think that you live THAT close to an utterly classless, rude, insensitive, pathetic moron!!

I, too, would be embarrassed!!! I sure hope her stupidity isn't affecting the property values!! Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was VERY embarrased.

To think that you live THAT close to an utterly classless, rude, insensitive, pathetic moron!!

I, too, would be embarrassed!!! I sure hope her stupidity isn't affecting the property values!! Smiley Mad

That is Hillarious!

Message 6 of 27
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was VERY embarrased.

^5 Wonderin
Message 7 of 27
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Poor girl. You can't blame her though. She probably didn't know what kind of card it was and assumed that since it didn't look like a "regular" CC, it must have been a Food Stamp card. Then again, maybe they're letting people choose the design of their Food Stamp cards now?

I'm just talking foolishness!
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nah you're not talking foolishness.... I don't know about in other states but in TN the food stamp cards and welfare debits for emergency assistance look like an american flag but are made of a different type of plastic and do not have raised numbers or letters on the front like a regular credit card.

My Orchard Bank card however is a regular Orchard Bank card with a picture of an american flag with a blue back ground and says is big white itallicized letters across the top "Orchard Bank"

I guess it could be a common mistake but she didn't have to yell.

Message 9 of 27
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. That's explains it!

I'm not exactly sure what they look like in my state, but I don't think they have the American Flag on them. But again, since I don't exactly know, I could just be talking foolishness!

Forgive her. She may have raised her voice without even knowing in anticipation of stopping you from messing up the transaction. No need to feel embarrassed though. As soon as you corrected her to let her know she was wrong, SHE should have been the one who felt embarrassed!

Have to admit though. I wish I could have been a fly on the register when this happened. Smiley Very Happy
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.