Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this Credit Mix?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How is this Credit Mix?

What are your comments for this combination of end product for my CC Collection. I'll keep these cards and weed out rest of the cards. Do you think it would make a good choice for the next 5 years?

Prime
Citi MC
BOA Visa
Amex Platinum

Sub Prime
Nat City Visa
Wamu MC
HSBC Discover
HSBC MC

Misc
Amex Optima Oasis

Store Cards
JC Penny
Target
Macy's
Old Navy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How is this Credit Mix?

In the words of Borat (sorry just saw it last night with GF): I like. It's Nice!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused. Thought I read somewhere that it is ideal to only carry around 3-4 cards. I see that you have 12 total. Please verify........ anyone?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concord, a nice stable of cards. Great primes, but noticed you put WaMu in the sub-prime catagory, as well as Nat'l City. I would agree the HSBC's are sub prime.

How do you classify prime vs. sub-prime? By CL on each card, the issuer, or a combination of both?

Love all your store cards too, except for the Target, unless you have a nice cl on it.Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm confused. Thought I read somewhere that it is ideal to only carry around 3-4 cards. I see that you have 12 total. Please verify........ anyone?

trashy, I think that is the 'minimum' number of cards you need to maximize your scoring potential. Most of us have more than that. I have 17(about 2 or 3 to many, as I'm not utilizing them as I should, so I'll be closing them in the next month or 2)
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Sylvia about the classifications.  WaMu is "iffy," but how do you figure National City is subprime?

You got a WaMu card, btw?

Message 6 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I called and they said my App for Wamu Card is declined and I could apply again in 90 days. CSR said I would get a letter in the mail. I am glad they did not approve as I would have one less card to dilute the average age of accounts.

cheddar wrote:
I agree with Sylvia about the classifications.  WaMu is "iffy," but how do you figure National City is subprime?

You got a WaMu card, btw?

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concord, with all due respects, you've been getting more and more declines. That should be sending you a strong message that enough is enough.

You've received a bunch of GREAT cards the past 30 days or so. Be happy with what you have. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 10
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Sylvia, I just got approved for Smith Barney Master Card with $15CL. Looks like all the high end prime card issuers sees some thing in me and approve me. Sub Prime issuers does not see to my value to them. I wanted two Prime Cards and I got them.

No more apps for Credit Cards. I wish I can take some time off and go to an Island some where and have few drinks and sleep on the sunny sands and watch blue waves from ocean and listen to music.

Ok. Ok. I am waking up from Sweet Dream. Hope it comes true in the near future.

Sylviatob wrote:
Concord, with all due respects, you've been getting more and more declines. That should be sending you a strong message that enough is enough.

You've received a bunch of GREAT cards the past 30 days or so. Be happy with what you have. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Sylvia, I just got approved for Smith Barney Master Card with $15CL. Looks like all the high end prime card issuers sees some thing in me and approve me. Sub Prime issuers does not see to my value to them."

I think that there is some truth in what you say! To me it's counter-logical. Odd how it works out that way, eh?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.