Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long after approval for Discover card FICO score to show up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long after approval for Discover card FICO score to show up

I was approved for the Discover IT card a week ago, and want to view the free FICO score. But each time I click on the link to view it, the same screen keeps popping up stating that they don't have a FICO score for me yet. Is this normal, has anyone else experienced this with the Discover card free FICO service?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long after approval for Discover card FICO score to show up

It will post at, or about, the same time as your statement cuts.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, ok. Thanks!!
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta second CAPTOOL.

It will show up on your statement and won't update on the site until your statement cuts.  Mine updates at statement (5th day of the month) and the "as of" date is the last day of the previous month (so my new one will be as of 2/28 when my statement cuts on Thursday) so the day may vary for you.

Message 4 of 13
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

You need to use your Discover card each month in order to generate a Statement, and it must be used early enough before the statement generates in order for them to generate a new FICO score.

I almost forgot to use my card one month, so ended up using it just a few days before the statement generates. I got a FICO score on the statement, but it was the same as the previous month, ie, it shows the date that the score was generated, and it was the same as the previous month's score. 

Just FYI.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I noticed that too on my card. It doesn't update weekly. It's a"stale" score.

Message 6 of 13
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Haven't use my Discover since early January, my statements cut on the 22nd and Feb. 22 I got a Fico score. FWIW.

@Themanwhocan wrote:

You need to use your Discover card each month in order to generate a Statement, and it must be used early enough before the statement generates in order for them to generate a new FICO score.

I almost forgot to use my card one month, so ended up using it just a few days before the statement generates. I got a FICO score on the statement, but it was the same as the previous month, ie, it shows the date that the score was generated, and it was the same as the previous month's score. 

Just FYI.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first Discover statement has not cut yet but I do have a Fico score on the site. Maybe I'm an exception and not the norm? It lists the score as of 2/13/15 and I was approved on 2/6/15.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks you all. At least now since I know that I may have to wait until a statement cuts, I know what to expect
Message 9 of 13
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

My statement closes on the 23rd of the month, and they usually soft my TU around the 17th or 18th.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.