cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many CC app requests do you get and from where?

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

How many CC app requests do you get and from where?

I have had my Cap1 going on a year now.  I have been getting additional requests from Cap1 for other cards.  I applied and was approved to the Discover It in Jan but I had never received a mailing to apply. I just tried and was approved.  I then PC to the Quicksilver this month and am waiting for my new card. 

But I am receiving several other offers. Mostly cards I have no interest in.  I was just wondering once you start getting better cards or higher CL's do you get solicitations a lot?  I just got an AmerEx Blue app offer.  Not going to apply as I wont be shopping for another CC for another year at least.  

Just curious about the offers and if you receive them is that a good indication you would qualify for them?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
WillTeasle
Established Contributor

Re: How many CC app requests do you get and from where?

As your credit improves, you will most likely see more offers.  I think I see a card offer nearly every other day.  Some of those offers have come from companies with which I don't currently have a relationship, and they SP my report more than some of my current lenders.

Unfortunately, I don't really know what they would offer in terms of CL or rate as most head to the shredder immediately.

Last HP: 01/10/19 | Latest Scores: EQ FICO8 - 850 | TU FICO8 - 850 | EX FICO8 - 850
Amex BC | Amex HHonors | Amex HHonors Aspire | Amex Marriott Business | Amex Platinum | BoA Alaska Airlines | CF | CFU | CSR | Chase Ink+ | Citi DC | Citi AA UP | Discover IT
Message 2 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

I have had my Cap1 going on a year now.  I have been getting additional requests from Cap1 for other cards.  I applied and was approved to the Discover It in Jan but I had never received a mailing to apply. I just tried and was approved.  I then PC to the Quicksilver this month and am waiting for my new card. 

But I am receiving several other offers. Mostly cards I have no interest in.  I was just wondering once you start getting better cards or higher CL's do you get solicitations a lot?  I just got an AmerEx Blue app offer.  Not going to apply as I wont be shopping for another CC for another year at least.  

Just curious about the offers and if you receive them is that a good indication you would qualify for them?

Id take the Blue offer... you will lock in your membership year with them forever as 2014!

Message 3 of 23
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

Happy to say I do not get any offers.... been opt out for years.  I only apply for credit cards I want and need.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 4 of 23
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@creditaddict
I would but I need to apply for a car loan (actually two) at the end of April or early May and I don't want to jeopardize my interest rate offer with a lower score. Or the fact that I am requesting too much credit in a short period of time.

I applied for the Discover (I think it was a SP) but the auto loans are a higher priority. 

Do you think it would hurt?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 23
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

Happy to say I do not get any offers.... been opt out for years.  I only apply for credit cards I want and need.  

Once I get my 3rd CC, I plan to do the same!

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 6 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Creditaddict
I would but I need to apply for a car loan (actually two) at the end of April or early May and I don't want to jeopardize my interest rate offer with a lower score. Or the fact that I am requesting too much credit in a short period of time.

I applied for the Discover (I think it was a SP) but the auto loans are a higher priority. 

The Discover was for sure a HP.

2 cars?

I would not think the Amex app would effect your auto loans but since it's basically this month you can do the autos first.

Message 7 of 23
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@Creditaddict

The Discover was for sure a HP.

2 cars?

I would not think the Amex app would effect your auto loans but since it's basically this month you can do the autos first.

The other reason I thought I would wait is to achieive CLI with Discover and QS first.  I really want higher limits and I understand that new cards would probably match that. Right now I am only $2000 with Discover and $3750 with QS.  I understand it is pretty easy to get a CLI with discover and less so, with QS but I would think one year would allow me to get each of those up a bit before applying for a new card.  Does this sound correct to get a better CL with Amex or any other card I might apply for?  I really don't want an bunch of $2000 - $3000 CL cards.

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 8 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

Id take the Blue offer... you will lock in your membership year with them forever as 2014!

But if OP can get the Blue, he/she can probably get a more useful card, such as the Everday.  Better than the Blue in every way.

Message 9 of 23
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

But if OP can get the Blue, he/she can probably get a more useful card, such as the Everday.  Better than the Blue in every way.

It was the "Blue Cash Everyday Card" that I received the letter for. 0%  APR for 15 months, 12.99 afterwords, No AF. It says "Flexibilty to cary a balance" which I have no idea what that means as a feature??? And $150 in statement credit after $500 in purchases for the first 3 months.

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.