cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want about every card chase offers...problem?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want about every card chase offers...problem?

So I currently have the csp and freedom and love everything about chase so far. The cs, the website, the rewards, sign up bonuses, etc. As I'm looking at cards I want in the future most of them are chase cards (IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Ink Cash, possibly ink plus, possibly ritz) if I ended up with all of those that would give me 5-6 personal and 1-2 biz. Is that more than chase usually is willing to do? My scores are in the upper 700 to lower 800 and income around 180k (plus about another 100k from dw). Zero derogatory info. My csp and freedom are both only 1 month old and was approved for SLs of 14k on freedom and $21k on csp.

How long should I wait before I app for anything else and how many at a time?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: I want about every card chase offers...problem?

U should be golden with high 700 low 800
Scores

Freedom - approved aug 2014
Slate - approved sept 2014
Chase Sapphire- approved October 2014
Chase Sapphire Preferred- approved Dec 14
Chase Ritz- approved January 2015
Chase United Mileage plus explorer- approved march 2015.

Message 2 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The bigger problem might be hitting your exposure limit with Chase, so some of the cards might not have a high of a CL as you would like.   If your income and file are good though, this might not be an issue.

But in general divesification is a good thing, so keep at least one or two non-Chase cards!

Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Agree with LTL, don't want all your eggs in one basket and not going to be loving them as much when the AF's come around and the initial signup bonses are non longer there..  Chase has some of the best cards and signup bonsues, no doubt about it.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be fine, I think Chase might be 2 cards every 60 days like CIti.

I apped for Chase Freedom and Sapphire within a week of eachother and tried for Marriott Rewards and was rejected due to too many accounts. I waited 60 days and apped for Marriott and Ritz and was approved for both.

Message 5 of 9
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Agree with LTL, don't want all your eggs in one basket and not going to be loving them as much when the AF's come around and the initial signup bonses are non longer there..  Chase has some of the best cards and signup bonsues, no doubt about it.

+1

Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Message 6 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yes Chase has the best sign up bonuses but LTL is right, your issue won't be the total number of Chase cards it will be the total Credit exposure with Chase. You may have to reallocate at some point.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not worried about having all my eggs in one basket I have $24k available from Amex, $7500 from Barclays and $7k from capital one not to mention my dw's cards. As far as the af is concerned I'm just fine with the af from csp, IHG, Marriott and Hyatt as I travel a lot and they will more than pay for themselves I'm not just getting them for the sign on bonuses. If I got the ink plus it would be in addition to the ink cash and the cl would be transferred to the cash before the af hit and closed. Ritz would be last on the list and probably a year or more down the road.

I appreciate the help so far.

Thoughts on when to app knowing that my freedom and csp just reported this week (1 month old) and thoughts on how many at a time and what order to app in.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh also, I would be fine with reallocating cl's whenever I reached their internal limit...the $35k I already have is honestly more than I'd ever really use at one time but not sure what my internal limit would be
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.